Limiting straps yay or nay?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Got a free set of straps and brackets from Jackie Polk from valair clutches at scheid. I've heard good and bad things about them. What do you guys think?

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I'll be installing a set myself as soon as I get my Viking coil overs back . I have pulled the shafts out of shock bodies twice . I drive it on the street occasionally, not sure if it's happening going over pot holes or from launching it . I had them adjusted kinda loose I thought on compression and rebound . Long story short I'll install mine to keep my shocks from topping out again if in fact that's what the problem was plus hopefully it will help with keeping the front end down on launches .

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I've heard they when they hit it wants to pull the front tires off the ground. But a shock bottoming out would do the same.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I don't see a need for limiting straps. if your suspension is properly set up you wont have any problems.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I don't see a need for limiting straps. if your suspension is properly set up you wont have any problems.

Mine's probably not though lol. That's why I asked,I know they have been called a bandaid has anyone not ran them and then ran them and know if they help or not?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Mine's probably not though lol. That's why I asked,I know they have been called a bandaid has anyone not ran them and then ran them and know if they help or not?

I think rob ran them and immediately took them off after his truck wouldn't launch straight.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'll take them if you don't want them

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna try them, some people said to run the non slacked so the front doesn't raise at all. Getting alot of mixed opinions on what to do lol. "They" say 4x4 you don't want the front to lift.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I'll be watching this . I'm wondering if you have them tight at ride height , will the lack of weight transfer cause traction issues in the rear . When will you have yours done to test ?:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'll be watching this . I'm wondering if you have them tight at ride height , will the lack of weight transfer cause traction issues in the rear . When will you have yours done to test ?:thumb:

When this fuel cell is hooked up I'll throw them on and do a hit. From what I read since it isn't 2wd you don't need that snappy weight transfer to the rear since all 4 are spinning. My front didn't raise horribly on the street tires but with the slicks it might. And this thing is probably gonna snap hard on The slicks.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
from the side, jesse, to see how far up and how fast the front pops on the hit. Also to see if the rear squats at all, and how much.

What are you using for shocks again? Front and rear?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
from the side, jesse, to see how far up and how fast the front pops on the hit. Also to see if the rear squats at all, and how much.

What are you using for shocks again? Front and rear?

Xl9000s all around, rears are moved to back and vertical