Lift pumps

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
So you think the fuel sits still in your tank when you drive down the road? :spit::rofl::roflmao: What about the return line pissing fuel back into the tank? Do you think that causes bubbles? There is air present in the fuel ALL OF THE TIME. Believe me or not, its true.

The return line from the engine is affixed in the fuel cup next to the supply, no air gap so to speak...

Last edited:

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
The return line is affixed in the fuel cup next to the supply, no air gap so to speak...

funny thing w/ my set up.

where I return the fuel from the Fass,,when the tank is filled to the top of the fill neck.my tank reads low fuel on DIC and gauge is below empty.Go 52miles and it all of a sudden pops off empty and reads correct.
when I tow my boat ,I can only go 36-42miles before it pops.:D

so if any one copies my set up,,move the return.:D

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I just put a sump in... seemed to solve all my issues.

That's one hole I do not want to drill, read where one guy on another site was not paying attention with the 3" hole saw and it got away from him. It scuffed the sealing surface and he installed it without smoothing the scuff marks. Needless to say he had a drip a day later, what surprised me most is he posted his mistake for others to learn. Bad part, I had warned him a day earlier about 3" hole saws and using a low RPM drill preferably not a 3/8 cordless and a low RPM corded 1/2" drill.....

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
That's one hole I do not want to drill, read where one guy on another site was not paying attention with the 3" hole saw and it got away from him. It scuffed the sealing surface and he installed it without smoothing the scuff marks. Needless to say he had a drip a day later, what surprised me most is he posted his mistake for others to learn. Bad part, I had warned him a day earlier about 3" hole saws and using a low RPM drill preferably not a 3/8 cordless and a low RPM corded 1/2" drill.....

and he really should have run that in reverse.
I work and rig alot of boats,,first rule in cutting thru gel coat and fiber glass,,start in reverse,once deep enough,go forward and slow.

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
Went with the AD 2 165 G4...got a killer deal from Mark Reeves at Big Hog Customs, he's on here...will post how it works when I get it hooked up!:D

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
And carbide blades have carbide edges bonded to the steel tool body. These last much longer in steel, fiberglass, and other hard or abrasive materials.