Lift pump question

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Did ANY Dmax's come with a factory lift pump...either tank mounted or frame mounted ?

I thought they all only used the CP3 to draw fuel ?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I dind't know about the vans but I was prtty sure none of the trucks came with one.

Thanks

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
not sure but on the 07.5 and 08 i think you can get a lift pump as a option i am not a 100% on this but for some reason i think thats what i remember

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Ive been looking into my 4500 chassis having a lift pump for factory tank . found it , but its for a chassis with 8.1 gasser . Dont think that will hold up to diesel fuel . Guy at dealer parts told me he had sold a guy a lift pump for a 4500 that goes in the tank . We looked and damn it is a 8.1 gasser .

I measured from my tank to filter . Your going to crap . 18 ft. of fuel line to get there to motor. Thats a long way . Explains why before the 2 cp3's I couldnt hold above 17,000 . I am holding 27,000 , but I still think it is making these pumps struggle to suck fuel . They were designed to be run with lift pumps the way I understand it , but GM deleted that out of the system and put them in without . GM should have put a lift pump on these 4500's from the factory in my opinion .

My tank being 18 ft from motor has to be a real strain for the pumps . I was trying to come up with a lift pump in my tank . I dont think the gasser pump will like pumping diesel .

Where is the van lift pump ? On the frame rail or in the tank ?

I guess a Fass or air dog is my only option . Interested in the van pump though if it would work or maybe the factory dodge lift pump .

Johnny

GCncsuHD

Go Pack
Aug 21, 2008
Statesville/Raleigh NC
I was wondering about this, as I know for sure theres not one, but I see it listed in a service manual I have.

GM_TRK_SIL25_02-04_66_fuel_pmp_elec.gif

GM_TRK_SIL25_02-04_66_fuel_pmp_remL.gif

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Ive been looking into my 4500 chassis having a lift pump for factory tank . found it , but its for a chassis with 8.1 gasser . Dont think that will hold up to diesel fuel . Guy at dealer parts told me he had sold a guy a lift pump for a 4500 that goes in the tank . We looked and damn it is a 8.1 gasser .

I measured from my tank to filter . Your going to crap . 18 ft. of fuel line to get there to motor. Thats a long way . Explains why before the 2 cp3's I couldnt hold above 17,000 . I am holding 27,000 , but I still think it is making these pumps struggle to suck fuel . They were designed to be run with lift pumps the way I understand it , but GM deleted that out of the system and put them in without . GM should have put a lift pump on these 4500's from the factory in my opinion .

My tank being 18 ft from motor has to be a real strain for the pumps . I was trying to come up with a lift pump in my tank . I dont think the gasser pump will like pumping diesel .

Where is the van lift pump ? On the frame rail or in the tank ?

I guess a Fass or air dog is my only option . Interested in the van pump though if it would work or maybe the factory dodge lift pump .

Johnny

Johnny why would you want a lift pump in the tank? Hook up a MITUSA next to your twin CP's look at my old 02 gmc in my garage in the DP to see how it's done. It will supply all the fuel you would ever want and then some.