Leaking cp3 pump - Mostly stock truck should i go with a stock unit?

akuz

Feb 12, 2022
Hey guys -

long time lurker, first time poster..

ive finally tore my truck down again after painting it and getting it back together for a fuel leak.🤬🤬
found my cp3 pump is leaking between the two halves of the pump.

my truck has typical daily mods done

Tune\Deleted\liftpump\Raceplug\batmowheel - nothing crazy.

My question is - should i go with something like a modded or 10mm stroker pump or just save my money and buy a stock pump.
im not really interested in making anymore power then i have now - not a race truck.

Whats my best option here per your oppinion?

Attachments

• lbz.jpg
    lbz.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 11

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Your thread is in the correct area for an LBZ. I removed your duplicate in the other section.

Stay with a stock pump if the truck is staying relatively stock.

Reactions: 2004LB7

akuz

Feb 12, 2022
Ah thank you, wasnt sure.

Alright boss ill go that route and save some cash.
thanks!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Hey, no problem. Stock LBZ CP3 is usually just fine for stock trucks, esp if you dont ever plan to upgrade further.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
if you're handy you could always just get a rebuild kit and replace the leaking O rings. that's assuming your pump works otherwise

akuz

Feb 12, 2022
if you're handy you could always just get a rebuild kit and replace the leaking O rings. that's assuming your pump works otherwise

Thats kind of what i was thinking, and the truck ran great never had an issue before i put a new cab\bed and redid the frame and all.
Its been a work in progress sitting around for like a year and half so im torn between giving it a rebuild with a possible plunger mod or just spring for a new.

Im happy with current power and not looking to really do anything else except pretty it up.
So i thank you guys for at least eliminating me spending 1k+ on something i dont need out of my head lol