LBZ typewriter tic but not

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
He shit off injectors one by one with a tech2 and didn't notice a change. I told him to remove his up pipe and inspect it because he just put the plate over it when he did the delete so I'm thinking its that. And if not well he's going to weld the riser while its out.

I originally thought injector but all the rates check out and he shit them down with no change in noise.

guys have tried that and never could pin point either.

he may try the GM fuel system cleaner and some 2 stroke oil in the fuel tank after. might do something, might not do a thing. i do know there isnt any harm from it ticking, just annoying (thats assuming you are for sure everything else checked out)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
He shit off injectors one by one with a tech2 and didn't notice a change. I told him to remove his up pipe and inspect it because he just put the plate over it when he did the delete so I'm thinking its that. And if not well he's going to weld the riser while its out.

I originally thought injector but all the rates check out and he shit them down with no change in noise.
Could have cracked the bellows on the egr side of the up-pipe. I had this happen to me. It doesn't take a big hole to make noise and it might take awhile for soot to appear.