EFILive LBZ Switch instructions

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
this may be a dumb ? but if you go from a tow tune to a race tune the trans isnt going to like this right? its going to need to relearn right?

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
yes. always give it time to learn. if there is minimal power differences than it is easier on the trans, but tow tune to race tune to tow tune ect is hard on it.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
That would be cool most the time I drive around on a big tune:spit:

yea me to I just want to have a valet tune my normal tune and a tune tht throws check engine lights and idles all rough so when i get pulled over i can say hey officer its not me its the truck LOL

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
yea me to I just want to have a valet tune my normal tune and a tune tht throws check engine lights and idles all rough so when i get pulled over i can say hey officer its not me its the truck LOL

nice thoughts:). i wish it could be done. "it smokes officer because it runs like shit:rolleyes: hear it."

Last edited:

Duramax 6.6L

Nov 23, 2006
Esperance, NY
I just loaded this in my LBZ truck with the stock tune and so far it is working ok. I will be loading a few tunes tomorrow and i will try the switching to see what happens.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
yes. always give it time to learn. if there is minimal power differences than it is easier on the trans, but tow tune to race tune to tow tune ect is hard on it.

Since this was brought up. What about if you only use race tune with T/H and then turn off T/H for the tow tune and DD?

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
i would suppose it works dozer. i have my big tune in all the time so unless i am actually messin around it in not in tow haul. i have to go easy every time i go into my tow tune just in case. but if you never tow i thin you would be fine.

Ross won't start working on LMM until he has LBZ all sorted. At this stage LMM is still in concept stage and wiring instructions are at least a number of weeks away - maybe longer. It really depends how long it takes him to port the current code into the other LBZ OS's.

Cheers
Cindy