Lbz pulling out of gear

Jacobsu11ivan

May 10, 2024
Billings Montana
So I’ve been having this issue lately of the truck pulling me out of gear. Initially it started when I was on the free way on cruise and it pulled me out and pushed the rpms to 4500 and went to limp mode. I know about the transfer case range forks but I’ve been trying everything else first haha. Here’s some of the stuff I did where I noticed a difference
1. My slip yoke was so loud at stop and go and would clunk really bad so I took it out and greased it and the truck didn’t pull out of gear NEARLY as much but still did and at about 45-60 range when I drive a constant speed it makes kind of like a bang noise, however my throttle determines how loud so if I am lightly cruising it sounds like when you are in a manual car when it’s off going through the gears the click noise and it jerks. The more throttle the harsher.
2. The tcm connection to the transmission I cleaned it and it did nothing but I started to think maybe the wiring is loose so I basically grabbed the loom and twisted it 360 degrees to tighten the wires up and it does even better it just jerks and if it jerks really bad it’ll pull me out usually in the upper 50s it jerks the worst from how heavy the throttle is.
Basically I’m hoping it’s some sort of weird wiring issue it has a new rebuilt tranny about 30k miles a go a hose popped off and ran it dry but if I gun it or just keep on the throttle it will shift like butter. If you guys have any suggestions that would be great thank you

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Basic transmission code means there is more in the TCM and you need a scanner capable of reading the TCM codes to pull them

Jacobsu11ivan

May 10, 2024
Billings Montana
I believe it was p0700 or something but nothing showed on scanner
Basic transmission code means there is more in the TCM and you need a scanner capable of reading the TCM codes to pull them
okay my codes are not there I will have to wait till it goes in limp which I usually catch it right away before it throws a code but I’ll wait and see if the engine light comes on again

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
P0700 means the transmission has codes and it wants the ECM to turn on the CEL. So there will be more that can help us tell you what to look for

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved to Trans Talk section. As stated, you need a scanner that can read TCM codes.

Mikey52

Sep 20, 2018
I’m new to forums sorry haha so I can’t really do anything till it’s scanned then?

That's correct. The $29 obd scanner will not read the transmission codes. The p0700 is just the TCM (transmission control module) telling the ECM to set that code and turn on the light. When it went into limp mode do you know what gears you had available?