Lbz GPCM delete

LBZGPCM

Jul 4, 2023
Arizona
It will set a code for mismatched injectors flow codes
Thanks for that info... Its prob stupid to think I could just hook it up and it would work.. But were all stock LBZ fuel rates the same, could the values already be the same? Did not ask if this was from a stock tune or if it had a tune on it, but? If it won't hurt anything, its worth a try. And, if you can copy/paste the values from the ECM, having the GPCM pre-installed before putting it in for programing at the shop would be ok also.. Maybe it kills the U0106 code, that would be a good sign.. I know fuel rate codes would no doubt throw it into limp mode, but it would confirm the U0106.... Any thoughts

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Injectors where flow tested when new and the individual flow rates where marked on each injector. They are not all the same.

EfiLive can copy the flow rates from the ECM to the GPCM and vice versa. Tech2 can read and write the codes

Stcked_lbz

Dec 9, 2023
Indiana
Apologize for joining in this convo late but just have a question. Am throwing an s400 on the truck this winter and in the process of cleaning up the engine bay and such and deleting the gpcm was part of that. I got the resistor but I have one more wire from the gpcm that runs back to the main harness and has another plug that splices into it. I see no one else has mentioned this so its either unimportant or maybe Im just missing something. Just a bit lost. Thanks!

Stcked_lbz

Dec 9, 2023
Indiana
Apologize for the less then stellar pics but here they are. That yellow wire just runs back to the main harness and that red wire that came from the gpcm runs directly to that plug. Thanks again for the help
IMG_9968.jpegIMG_9967.jpeg

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I couldn't find anything for the LBZ specifically. But the LB7 shows something close.
iMarkup_20231209_212634.jpg

Maybe trace that yellow/black a little further to see where it goes. Might help us find the right schematic for you

Stcked_lbz

Dec 9, 2023
Indiana
IMG_0147.jpeg
The yellow/black just runs into the heatshrink of the crank position and cam position sensor which seems odd to me. Then the pinouts for that plug are A6 and D6,D7,D8 of the bigger of the 2 main engine plugs