LBZ EFILive installed

Greghoo

Oct 2, 2011
Texas
So I had JoshH work on my 2007 DRW 3500 LBZ, including installing EFILive with 5 position switch. On the way home (95 miles) had it on position 2.... I romped on the pedal to get around a semitruck and scared myself on how much power it now has. I had been running PPE and now a true efi fan. I can't wait to get my gooseneck trailer hooked up and test the egt and mpg. I'm betting they are going to improve.

Thank you JoshH at
sigpic303_2.gif

Greg

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm glad you're happy with it, Greg. When we talked this morning, I didn't realize you only had it on tune 2. If it scared you that bad, I hope you have a strong heart if/when you turn it up to the big tune.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm going to say neither. The big tune won't kill the trans right away, but it isn't what I would call "trans safe" either. Running it too much will hurt the trans over time if driven hard.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Gotta love some of the websites that advertise tuning and call it "trans-safe", once you click "buy" you have agreed to the "terms and conditions" and all liability is the vehicle owners, ya I know pay to play and only safe depending on your happy ass right foot...

Romping on the truck like you describe is something I stopped doing when I bough this tuck and I drive in M-mode and downshift manually, Ferman described best how the Allison operates as opposed to a gasser transmission and the 6-5-4 downshifts via the pedal not the best thing to do.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showpost.php?p=943509&postcount=2

Last edited:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The BIGGEST advantage to EFILIVE is the reduction in smoke. I have yet to see a canned tuner be as responsive with minimal smoke as EFILIVE can deliver. My BURB lets out a quick puff of almost black smoke when I stomp it from an idle, and quickly turns to a light grey barely visible haze. I ran a PPE on a SMALLER tune than my current tuning just to compare, and you couldn't see the traffic behind me when I stomped it, and it kept on rolling coal, and quite honestly was no stronger than my current tuning. you just can't compare a good custom tune to a canned tuner.