Lb7 with a lbz fuel pressure regulator

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
So I have a 03 motor total rebuild balanced blueprinted bottom end .has a built trans with triple lock convertor.60 plus injectors 10 over cp3 ,keyways cut into crank and cam .It has a lbz fuel regulator .Also a Danville 63.5 turbo I bought my own v3 tune and and scan tool .looking for a safe tune to start out with .Not looking for anything free just a tune someone doesn't mind selling me that I can tinker with as I go ?Hope I have this in the correct area {old fart with limited computer know how }.I used to tune Harley ecm s and thundermax tuners on a dyno .but this is all new to me .Thanks in advance ,oz

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The hard part is just about any tune file you're able to purchase is going to be locked for edit to protect their IP/income (can't blame them). Your best bet would be to ask mark if he'd tune the truck or you can look at the various timing calculators/fueling calculators etc on this site and build your own file using the LBZ FPR tables.

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
The hard part is just about any tune file you're able to purchase is going to be locked for edit to protect their IP/income (can't blame them). Your best bet would be to ask mark if he'd tune the truck or you can look at the various timing calculators/fueling calculators etc on this site and build your own file using the LBZ FPR tables.
thank you ! i have a communications issue now ill go to the tunes section nd research it .

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
Best thing you can do is research research research! This site has alot of good info in years 2007-2010ish. After that info started to get hard to find from the pros. I learned ALOT by doing just that. No one will sell you a tune to build from. Good luck and have fun!

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
I posted the values needed to run an LBZ regulator in an LB7 or LLY before. It’s an old post, but the numbers shouldn’t have changed unless efilive did something different with the scaling in that table. https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/threads/help-cp3-issues.39652/page-2#post-575669
Thank you ! Got them . I’ll start with a stock tune. I have to buy one of those the guy who I paid 550 dollars to for 5 tunes in 2018 won’t put my ECM back to stock. We had a falling out . Tried to go from a 2700 quote to a 4800 overnight. This is after having my truck fir a month and a half and not touching it ! He gives tuners a bad name . Not only are the four tunes worthless now but I can’t even use my stick tune . Unless there is some way of doing that ?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved those two posts from the CP3 thread (josh's FPR values) into this thread to maintain continuity.

Dleger89

Sep 9, 2018
Thank you ! Got them . I’ll start with a stock tune. I have to buy one of those the guy who I paid 550 dollars to for 5 tunes in 2018 won’t put my ECM back to stock. We had a falling out . Tried to go from a 2700 quote to a 4800 overnight. This is after having my truck fir a month and a half and not touching it ! He gives tuners a bad name . Not only are the four tunes worthless now but I can’t even use my stick tune . Unless there is some way of doing that ?
Did you ever get a stock tune since you can't use yours? If you need one, I'll email you one to play with. Or if you want a solid base all around dsp5 to modify and learn on your own then ill hook you up.

Reactions: turbovan

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
So I have a 03 motor total rebuild balanced blueprinted bottom end .has a built trans with triple lock convertor. ,keyways cut into crank and cam .It has a lbz fuel regulator .Also a bought my own v3 tune and and scan tool .looking for a safe tune to start out with .Not looking for anything free just a tune someone doesn't mind selling me that I can tinker with as I go ?Hope I have this in the correct area {old fart with limited computer on a dyno .but this is all new to me .Thanks in advance ,oz

Ozzy57

Oct 7, 2020
So I have a 03 motor total rebuild balanced blueprinted bottom end bought my own v3 tune and and scan tool .looking for a safe tune to start out with .Not looking for anything free just a tune someone doesn't mind selling me that I can tinker with as I go ?Hope I have this in the correct area {old fart with limited computer know how }.I used to tune Harley ecm s and thundermax tuners on a dyno .but this is all new to me .Thanks in advance ,oz
9 months later have anything to share??
So much I don’t know where to start ! About killed me but got the truck put back together. .hired three different mechanics to help . All three quit after getting paid the first and only time ! No one wants to work anymore. My original motor had 70%unleaded ran through it . Was detonating bad then quit and it never ran again . Had a motor built took over two months and ended up getting screwed over on it . Upon start up after several heat cycles measured with a thermal gun . Looked for leaks ,checked all fluids . Drove it for several days and monitoring it I noticed antifreeze was disappearing from the rad overflow. and intermittent codes as well .The fuse holder for the gear indicator power circuit was loose . And much to my dismay it was eating antifreeze not leaking anywhere.

• Sad
Reactions: turbovan