LB7 Tool No Mechanic Can Live Without

Lmmbrad33

IBEW 15
May 8, 2016
Oregon, IL
Other balance rates are fine. Yes I understand this will only test the return lines...that is what I want. With only one injector borderline out of spec & with slight fuel in the oil, Im wondering and my question was (not very clear, my apologies) if I can do a little digging and hook up the vacuum pump or do I have to tear down the engine a decent amount to get at the ports? I can probably answer my own question by looking, however working 7 12s doesn't leave a whole lot of time.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You can get to the fittings with a little effort. Left rear inside of the head towards the top and right front inside towards the top.

crew04

Aug 31, 2016
That is a great tool! Where can I get the used return line fitting without buying a complete used return line from eBay for $40.00? I have everything else. Is there a member out there that might have the right fitting to sell at a reasonable price and mail? I can pay by PayPal.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
is it me or am i the only one not worried about leaking return lines when changing out injectors on the LB7? granted i have only changed out all 8 twice and 1 injector twice but required removing the return line. i even reused some of the crush washers.

not trying to brag :rolleyes: but when you turn enough bolts and made and connected enough copper flair fittings you get the feel for it and know (can feel the metal crushing) when it is tight and won't leak. it is safest to use new crush washers but used ones can be crushed two or three times and still not leak if done right. i didn't even use a torque wrench the 2nd time as i felt i could feel the torque and crush better without it

i think many of you long time wrenchers or people of more advanced age will understand what i am saying. :baby: