LLY: Lb7 lly turbo swap.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
There is so much in this thread does not make sense.

You say the shop did the "pull a bolt at a time and installed head studs" but then you say the motor is suppose to be "built"

Then supoosably the wrong hg were used but you have not posted anything about actual piston protrusion to verify. Just because you have A's on there does not mean you need Cs without actually checking.

From what I gather, you have 9k in the engine but expect something other than a stock crank? Were the pistons delipped?

What did you tell the shop to put in the engine? Does the receipt say different?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT

You say the shop did the "pull a bolt at a time and installed head studs" but then you say the motor is suppose to be "built"

Then supoosably the wrong hg were used but you have not posted anything about actual piston protrusion to verify. Just because you have A's on there does not mean you need Cs without actually checking.

From what I gather, you have 9k in the engine but expect something other than a stock crank? Were the pistons delipped?

What did you tell the shop to put in the engine? Does the receipt say different?

This. Where's the work order. I'm confused also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city

Will retype something more readable in the Am, kinda ticked. my truck should have had fingers forged pistons..... Not factory lb7 pistons.

Im a licensed mechanic now but 3 years ago i had no clue what any of what were talking about now was. I know i got boned and no clue where receipts are. Will probably just do a low mile lly engine swap and be done with this Vgt turbo lb7 dream. It was fun but might as well do it the right way to run a Vgt setup in an 03 truck.

If anyone has the wiring harness or maybe a full engine or powertrain they would part with id be interested in working something out with you.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
This. Where's the work order. I'm confused also.

Not a clue, 18 yr old me is kicking my ass on being careless, normally i have all my ducks in a row on anything i do but this lb7 is what started my interest for these trucks and honestly I'm pissed off at myself more than anything for not paying attention to my choice in shops, what my parts should have cost me. ie Carrillo rods aren't $500 new , and not researching what a good build should cost and look like at the time.

Paying for a mistake i made 3 years ago and its hurting my pride more then my wallet, especially when my dad asks wth i had done :sink:

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
As much as i want to start a new thread. Heres whats up. Completely reworked my engine new internals new fuel system if it ain't new its lightly used. Or didn't need replaced.

Had my usual powder coating guy do my turbo valve covers and all the other goods

So without further bs heres what I've renamed "dirty hooker". The sig will be updated later Im on my iPhone today.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just an FYI, the name "Dirty Hooker" is already used by Tony Burkhard for his business and his sled pulling truck. He might not like it being used by other people. You may want to rethink your choice.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Just an FYI, the name "Dirty Hooker" is already used by Tony Burkhard for his business and his sled pulling truck. He might not like it being used by other people. You may want to rethink your choice.

Well ill keep it what it is in the sig but her name wont change as it was given by my best friend who currently has cancer.

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Well ill keep it what it is in the sig but her name wont change as it was given by my best friend who currently has cancer.

Hey man, it's not like you're using the name to sell merchandise or to make money with in any shape and form. I wouldn't worry about it. DHD couldn't, and wouldn't bother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I wouldn't worry about it. It's a stupid, and over used name in truck and tractor pulling anyway. No offense to Tony or your friend. But the obsession with incorporating "hooker" or other obscene names into Motorsports is lame and shows lack of imagination in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Thanks man. Truck will be getting her custom made compounds kit from hsp in about a week. They didnt waste any time getting me a quote and rendering up a custom kit for my application

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
I wouldn't worry about it. It's a stupid, and over used name in truck and tractor pulling anyway. No offense to Tony or your friend. But the obsession with incorporating "hooker" or other obscene names into Motorsports is lame and shows lack of imagination in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do agree but at the same time theres a 12"x12" sticker in my back window lmao.

On a Serious note do you think i should go s475 with the 66mm or 480 bmo charger

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
3d0739f447bb5fe161d167ab977f5aa4.png
finally had time to get on the phone with Hsp and crunch some numbers.

Is this a good price ?

Everything is taking from my wallet lately , from having to replace the cp4 in my lml with a cp3 to visiting with the snap-on man to update my toolbox for my new job position (owner of a brand new snapon zeus ) :thumb:

Price tag on that tool isn't so bad when CAT pays half