LB7 Exhaust

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Geez, it's getting tough to find an exhaust for these trucks now! Cat-Back like crazy... except mine never came with a cat, lol. It sure as hell isn't getting one either! XDP is nearby and anything without CARB (yet I'm in NJ) isn't up for sale; that includes things like larger cp3 etc.

"What in the hell is the world coming to?" - B.T. Justice

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Since the thread was moved out of LB7, let me add that I am talking about federal emissions lb7 trucks (FE9) and not talking about all models in general.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I need the whole thing - gonna replace it all. I have found that I can get it from MBRP, but sources are limited and it seems like a lot of places are selling stock and then no longer offering. When I go to MBRP and put in my truck, all it spits out is cat back. But if I go to Napa or other resellers and find part numbers, it searches back to mbrp. I found a few places in Canada and they are quick to put on their cart that they will cancel orders to the USA. Lol.

I’m trying to decide if I should get 316 stainless for longevity sake. If I don’t and it rots in 5 years, it might be a hank of tubing, my bandsaw, and my welder if all sources dry up!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
That’s the aluminized version. Deciding between that or the stainless for a few bucks more.

Lennydmaxguy

Just another diesel tech
Nov 8, 2023
Somewhere, USA :)
There are still a few stores that sell systems if you look hard enough. Personally, I think Flo-Pro is top notch. Here are a few stores that sell their sytems.

https://dieseldiy.com/product-category/duramax-engines/2001-2007-duramax-6-6l-lb7-lly-lbz/

https://www.dieseldiscounter.com/product-category/2001-2007-duramax-6-6l-lb7-lly-lbz/

I'm not sure who manufactures the systems this store sells. They run a little cheaper, but the pictures look very comparable.

https://www.spelabautoparts.com/pro...-duramax-diesel-spelab?variant=44549555257595

Reactions: N2BRK

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I know that sound is subjective, but how's quality of Flo Pro vs MBRP? I've always had MBRP and back in 2009 the fit up sucked but when I replaced it all a couple years ago it was redesigned and excellent.

Is there an agreement that one brand is louder or has more drone, or is it all too subjective? I'm looking 4" and have a Crew Cab SB.

Thanks all :)

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I had a Flo Pro on my Lbz and it was good. It fit good. I like the clamps (band clamps). I think drone comes down to the muffler being used, if any. There isn’t any real design changes between brands other than fit and finish.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I have a cheap SS magnflow 5" straight pipe. It's loud, but I don't think the drone is really that bad. I painted it black with Rustolulm BBQ paint and no rust after several years. I like the clamps and the fit was ok.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I did go compounds. WCFab sitting in boxes from my black Friday order :) I have 65 overs and a 12mm coming this week thanks to Mark. I am putting together parts like the mother of all christmases in my garage, haha.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Oh boy! I love a good build thread.
I’ve been keeping the build thread a bit at bay, since I have so many parts and so much more to put together in prep for the build. For now I’ve been tackling simple things to get her reliable and ready :)

Once I get rolling, I’ll make a build thread.

Reactions: Dm23 and 1FastBrick