lb7 dsp5 help

razorryan10

Feb 18, 2019
canada
hey, have a lb7 that is stock has ppe boost valve and exhaust, i have the switch installed the led lights up green on the back
i pulled the stock file off truck updated it to dsp5 followed steps made the tunes saved, loaded in the truck and the switch doesnt work, efilive shows no voltage on switch
ive done the tune few times make sure i didnt miss a step and still nothing if someone can take a look that would be awesome

Attachments

• stock lb7.zip
    312.9 KB · Views: 11
  • lb7dsp5-2.zip
    329.1 KB · Views: 26

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Have you verified through logging that it’s not switching. Your tunes are not a ton different so it won’t jump out at you unless you are going DSP to number 3-4 tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

razorryan10

Feb 18, 2019
canada
did do full flash but it loaded the tunes pretty fast ( it was under 40sec) my lly takes at most a minute or two

also logged and it doesnt show that its changing
this truck did have a bully dog tuner on it and wasnt able to remove that bully dog file back to stock but i dont think thats going to mess with anything i loaded a good stock file i had for the os to start out fresh

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
If you wanted to just test the tunes, you could temporarily set the DSP5 switch type to Serial Data and use the V2 to select the tune. Seems like a switch wiring issue from what you're describing.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
did do full flash but it loaded the tunes pretty fast ( it was under 40sec) my lly takes at most a minute or two

also logged and it doesnt show that its changing
this truck did have a bully dog tuner on it and wasnt able to remove that bully dog file back to stock but i dont think thats going to mess with anything i loaded a good stock file i had for the os to start out fresh

Bully dog are notorious for corrupting files. Full flash with a good known stock file. Also full flash should take more than 40 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

razorryan10

Feb 18, 2019
canada
did full flash again and bricked ecm so that was great haha got new one going to use the stock file on it and go from that
hopefully solve the issues

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
LB7's can be a pain to flash. Make sure your battery is good, or even better put a trickle charger on the battery. The lb7 ecm is similar to the p01/p59 pcm's and they recommend staying at 13 volts to 13.8 volts on them during flashing to help reduce bricking. If this is an 03-05, be certain it doesn't have an aftermarket radio connected to the data bus. More than once I've had just pulling the fuses bite me. Also be careful of using a tech2 or mdi to do a stock flash on one. GM's flash routine is well known to corrupt lb7 ecm's. Also try to avoid doing full flashes whenever possible. I only run dsp2 OS's because you can make tune changes and only beed a cal flash for them to go in. With a dsp5 you must do a full flash anytime you make changes to the dsp files. And there is really no reason for 5 tunes on an lb7 imho, 2 is more than enough. 1 for tow haul mode, and then 1 for everything else. Switching tunes is a good way to limp your trans as most don't drive them enough after switching to allow them to fully adapt to the tune change.