Lb7 drop in turbo options

Hnkstang50

Mar 28, 2016
NJ
I just pulled with my truck Tonite and I'm 99 percent sure the turbo bearings are shot and I have wheel to housing contact. I need to get the truck up and running asap. I don't really have time to research drop in turbos. I have the lds 63.5 kit in my factory turbo and like it. It added 25 hp and 98 tq over the stock wheel with no tune changes. I would love to put on a turbo with some better spool up if possible. Was quick looking at the lds 68mm or stick with a 64. Any advice on my option would be appreciated so I can make a decision sooner than later.

Mods are in my sig and my hp goals at this point do not include a engine build so under 550 hp max.

Side note should I be worried about metal getting in my motor. Does the intercooler usually catch it all or am I just worried too much. Haha I'm hoping there is little to no metal. Hopefully get it all apart this weekend to see.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
64 would be best for your current mods, the 68 IHI's are capable of close to 800hp, you would definitely need bigger injectors and stroker CP3 for the 68.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Stock turbo. Stock fuel stock turbo can be right at 530rwhp on a healthy engine and offers the best spool up. 63.5 or 64 can make enough to pop rods

Hnkstang50

Mar 28, 2016
NJ
The 63.5 wheel made me 98 more torqe on my max effort tune. I'm rite at 500/900 now so I won't be changing my tune any. Really just wondering if I can get better spool up some how with out loosing the cleaner burn and power of the larger wheel. If I had to pick one I would pick to keep the power.

I'm thinking the 64 is sounding like the winner

Jun 28, 2010
The 63.5 wheel made me 98 more torqe on my max effort tune. I'm rite at 500/900 now so I won't be changing my tune any. Really just wondering if I can get better spool up some how with out loosing the cleaner burn and power of the larger wheel. If I had to pick one I would pick to keep the power.

I'm thinking the 64 is sounding like the winner

Call Danville they will set you right up!