LB7 4 inch exhaust - Flo Pro or MBRP?

bmschoen

Sep 23, 2015
I’ve been researching exhaust systems for my 2003 LB7 and have decided on a 4 inch kit with muffler. I am looking at either the Flo-pro or the MBRP. The flo pro is $50-$75 cheaper than the MBRP. Does anyone have an opinion on one of these kits over the other as far as sound, fit, etc.? Will both install without any interference with my spare tire or B&W gooseneck hitch?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

aashton1206

Sep 3, 2015
I have an mbrp 5inch off a 3.5 in dp. Never looked back

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, custom tuning on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust w/ 6 inch tip, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved this over into the General Exhaust area.

I still have my old Silverline. I have no opinion either way on MBRP vs FloPro.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Mbrp hangers and clamps rust fast and smash the pipes together. Makes them a pain to remove.
Flo pro coats every thing and uses quality stainless band clamps.
Flo pro fits way better. But most guys like the mbrp name and price.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Price is nice on MBRP and I love the sound I have but I hate my exhaust. It fit like crap, rusts quick, sucks to remove, the hangers suck horribly. Next will be a flo pro or magnaflow

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Damn this sucks. I got mbrp only cause it was the only one I could find a dealer to ship me a Downpipe back exhaust system to ca.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I’ve been researching exhaust systems for my 2003 LB7 and have decided on a 4 inch kit with muffler. I am looking at either the Flo-pro or the MBRP. The flo pro is $50-$75 cheaper than the MBRP. Does anyone have an opinion on one of these kits over the other as far as sound, fit, etc.? Will both install without any interference with my spare tire or B&W gooseneck hitch?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Go the cheaper route. Neither will interfere with the goose neck or the spare.

aashton1206

Sep 3, 2015
Mbrp took some work as the fit wasn't perfect

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, custom tuning on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust w/ 6 inch tip, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Magnaflow uses pretty cheap steel for there SS systems. The hanger will also tear lose. I beefed mine up before installing it, but I'm happy with it. 5" straight piped. I got a flo pro tip though and it's great. Way better then the cheap pos I had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO
Anyone have any issues with the exhaust hitting a rear sway bar? They say on the websites that they will clear 4in.
Looking at getting one and was hoping no one has had any problems with a 5in exhaust because I want to switch to a 5in.

aashton1206

Sep 3, 2015
Shit I want to downgrade to a four, load sob