LB7 30 over tips/ fuel delivery

DuallyLB7

Feb 5, 2015
So I'm shooting myself in the foot hard core here....

Installed the 30 over tips with the original Solenoid valve. The truck ran ok but it ran great with the tuner.

I purchased an EDGE CTS2... Truck ran WAY better. I was delivering enough fuel to the larger tips and everything was running perfect.... then it happened.

I'm not sure what exactly "happened" but when my brother returned the truck to me.... lets just say it wasn't running the same as I last saw it.

I drained the oil only to find it had been replaced with fuel. Call me ignorant but i only replaced the tips on my last overhaul, I'm now going to replace the solenoid valve.

Does anyone know where I can purchase only a solenoid valve? Should have replaced the whole dam thing.....:(

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You split a body. Get a whole set of reman sticks. You can put your nozzles on them.

And yes... You should have changed them the first time around.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Replacing solenoids will do nothing. You need to replace the entire injectors. You have fuel in your oil because your injectors are shot.

Don't cheap out, get OEM reman injectors only.

DuallyLB7

Feb 5, 2015
Yeah I know I know....

Where can I find an injector?

My 30 over tips are still good I just need the injector body.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
Why is this concept so difficult to grasp.....

Buy a set of 8 injectors from the dealer, site sponsor, etc and install them. That's it, that is the solution to fix the issue

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Is it just me or did all the info people post in this thread do nothing?:confused:
Was this an edge evolution CTS2? If not, how does a pickup run better by installing a gauge system that doesn't affect time, puslse width, etc.?:confused:

Like Awenta, OregonDma(who lives in Arizona??:confused::D), an many other people have stated. Replace the injector with OEM bosch injectors, nothing less. Theres many vendors on this site that are great.

Yellowchevy

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I don't understand either, Russell.

Contact Lincoln diesel, they have a great track record with lb7s. You won't be able to (readily) purchase injectors without nozzles. You can sell the stock ones when you swap them out. But in your case I'd just run the stock nozzles without having a way to adjust the tune for 30%.

Just buy them already and fix this the right way once and for all. 4th times the charm?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was starting to feel bad for you because some of the guys were already losing their patience with you, but seriously! Replace the whole frickin' injector! Don't even swap the 30% tips on them. Just buy stock oem injectors and put them in and call it a lesson learned. Buy a tune from one of the many reputable tuners on the forum if you need/want more power and be happy with a good running LB7. You'll be much happier in the long run if you do that.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I agree to buy a set of fresh OEM Bosch Injectors. We have a very competitive price on them and would be more than glad to help you out.