Key fob questions

Duroman

Jan 14, 2015
I may need to replace my key fob and fond some new GM fobs on EBay. I asked the seller how I can program them and was told to go to you tube. Can anyone on here tell me how?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Try this

1. Close all vehicle doors.

2. Insert the key into the ignition.

3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.

4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.

5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
engine).

6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.

10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.

11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
transmitters).

12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
mode.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Be careful buying the cheap ones on Ebay or amazon. Some work and some don't. I have seen some only last a year and then completely stop working.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Be careful buying the cheap ones on Ebay or amazon. Some work and some don't. I have seen some only last a year and then completely stop working.
The other fun bit... These Chinese ebay specials usually share the same encryption/rollover keys... So if you get lucky, you might park in a local airport , Walmart, target, etc... and when you go to unlock your vehicle, you might unlock six others whose owners did the same thing... Or one of them might unknowingly unlock yours...

Reactions: 2004LB7