Kat and I are going to "out of it" for awhile

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
We (all of us @ PPE) are pulling for the McSwain family. We know its a hard thing to deal with and we are here for you guys if you need anything at all, Dont hesitate to ask. Our prayers are with you.

Dan

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
I'm assuming you meant it was a human member of the family and Pat did not kill the engine in Casper. :eek:

I just thought I would inject some humor for you during your period of mourning. :D

My family's prayers go out to your family.

Guy

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Caroline was the matriarch of our family, and was the glue that held it together. Kat had lost her mother while she was young, so "Gramma" was effectively her mother, and they were very close. Caroline was in pretty good health for her age, and Kat talked to her less than an hour before she had an attack. Kat's sister called and was hysterical, "Gramma's not breathing!".

We rushed to her house and watched the paramedics try to revive her. They finally got a pulse and rushed her to hospital. But as we visited her that night and held her hand, it was apparent she not with us anymore. She died the following morning.

Kat is out bringing a dress for Caroline right now.

It was very hard telling the kids, and they did not take it well. Everyone who knew Caroline loved her.

I'm not sure the family will ever be same without her. We will need to work extra hard at it that's for certain.

Anyhow, I'm not sure I should be typing this. I thought I'd feel better, but I don't. I both loved and respected Gramma since the first day I met her. She was my "kind" of folk. Determined, smart, with a quick wit. I see in her why I love Kathy so much. I guess I need to cry some more perhaps, and typing this sure did it.

Please be kind to those you love. You will never know when you're actually saying good-bye.

Last edited: