Just saw this about Rick Fletes!

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Diesel Chevelle Breaks Into The 8’s!
Rick Fletes’ racing tour through the Midwest culminated with a Third Place finish in the Street Machine category along Summit Racing’s Midwest Drags series. He and his Duramax ’70 Chevelle averaged an E.T. of 10.05 during the event, but put up an 8.98 at 152 mph with the car turned way up on the final day of festivities. So what’s next on Fletes’ summer racing schedule? You’ll catch the Chevelle rolling into the Texas Motorplex in Ennis on June 17th for the start of the Street Car Super Nationals.
Source: https://summitmidwestdrags.com/

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
he's got it running good. And I love how much dedication he's able to put into travel and hitting some really cool races with it more often than most in the diesel game. Impressive isn't apt enough to describe him & his car.

Reactions: rfletes79

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Diesel Chevelle Breaks Into The 8’s!
Rick Fletes’ racing tour through the Midwest culminated with a Third Place finish in the Street Machine category along Summit Racing’s Midwest Drags series. He and his Duramax ’70 Chevelle averaged an E.T. of 10.05 during the event, but put up an 8.98 at 152 mph with the car turned way up on the final day of festivities. So what’s next on Fletes’ summer racing schedule? You’ll catch the Chevelle rolling into the Texas Motorplex in Ennis on June 17th for the start of the Street Car Super Nationals.
Source: https://summitmidwestdrags.com/

Thx Rick, it’s been a ton of work and learning. The car has done really well out at UCC/ODR, then Midwest Drags. We’ve been fighting a fueling issue for the past couple years that we’ve finally are starting to get a hold of. With some help from Mark, he’s pointed me in the right direction with some fuel pressure tables and some tcm tuning changes in the PCS it’s picked up over 6mph in the 1/8 and close to 10 in the quarter in just these last 30 days. It’s really changed what the car is capable of and put it over 150 mph. I knew it was there I just could not make it happen, was fighting me. I truly believe There’s even more in it, maybe even 155+. We’ll see what the rest of the year holds for us. After SCSN next week in Texas we head back home and should be on the west coast till September. We have some NHRA racing in July, a divisional followed by a National event.

Thx again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Thx Rick, it’s been a ton of work and learning. The car has done really well out at UCC/ODR, then Midwest Drags. We’ve been fighting a fueling issue for the past couple years that we’ve finally are starting to get a hold of. With some help from Mark, he’s pointed me in the right direction with some fuel pressure tables and some tcm tuning changes in the PCS it’s picked up over 6mph in the 1/8 and close to 10 in the quarter in just these last 30 days. It’s really changed what the car is capable of and put it over 150 mph. I knew it was there I just could not make it happen, was fighting me. I truly believe There’s even more in it, maybe even 155+. We’ll see what the rest of the year holds for us. After SCSN next week in Texas we head back home and should be on the west coast till September. We have some NHRA racing in July, a divisional followed by a National event.

Thx again!!

Well, I was glad to help you guys out as it was more than deserved! Love the car and everything you two are doing with it so keep it up! Glad to be a very small part of your team and always here for ya! Now we just gotta figure out how to make a dmax still street driveable and be able to hang with Ol' Cleetus and Mullet cause damn that thing is a beast! Do we all need to stick our turbos through the hood or what??? Congrats Rick!!!

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Well, I was glad to help you guys out as it was more than deserved! Love the car and everything you two are doing with it so keep it up! Glad to be a very small part of your team and always here for ya! Now we just gotta figure out how to make a dmax still street driveable and be able to hang with Ol' Cleetus and Mullet cause damn that thing is a beast! Do we all need to stick our turbos through the hood or what??? Congrats Rick!!!

Lol that car is a beast!! 7.60’s off the trailer with more in it. The only way my car would even come close to that is losing 1500#’s. Then maybe, just maybe it’ll run a 7 or sub 5 in the 1/8. Unfortunately this car will never be that light. I’ll build another before attempting at taking that much weight out.

Reactions: MarkBroviak

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
We did really well at scsn Texas. Track was on kill, we went faster then ever. Was an 1/8 mile event so wasn’t able to run the quarter, but did up my pb. Also we won our class, the local hell cat gang was pissed. Guess they thought they had it in the bag.

We have more in the car but just ran out of time to continue throwing more power at it. Not sure when our next event will be that’ll have a track that good. Realistically won’t be until the fall.

We have two nhra events next month. One in Oregon in woodburn for a divisional. That’s the eighth through the 11th. And then a national event in Sonoma that’s towards the end of July I think around the 23rd.

4d81792f0b682a4ba88b56dae4c694d2.jpg