Just picked up my first diesel....lbz from a buddies dad Need help with efi live

MaxDirt

Aug 22, 2023
password
Hey guys,

Reporting in from Idaho here. Just picked up a 2007 lbz cclb it is a pretty clean truck. Last weekend i put in new glow plugs, fuel filter, and an exhaust. I have a thermostat code which i will be dealing with soon hopefully. The exhaust just threw a new code p0401 just wondering if it will derate me?

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Welcome

p0401 = egr insufficient flow. Shouldn't derate.

If someone else is doing your tunes then you will need an V2, V3 or autocal. If you want to do it yourself then you'll need a V2 or V3.

Keep in mind that deleting or modifications to emissions equipment is illegal and you will have a difficult time finding someone who will tell you how to do it

Reactions: MaxDirt

MaxDirt

Aug 22, 2023
password
Not looking for anything illegal emissions compliant here and wish i lived in cali :)

Thank you for the quick run down on the efi live. I was looking at an autocal probably gen 1 would that still work or would the newer v2/v3 work better? Appreciate the help.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Not looking for anything illegal emissions compliant here and wish i lived in cali :)

Thank you for the quick run down on the efi live. I was looking at an autocal probably gen 1 would that still work or would the newer v2/v3 work better? Appreciate the help.
If you go down the autocal route make sure you have a tuner lined up that you can link it with. Otherwise just purchase it from the tuner. V2 and V3 are for the people doing the tuning. If that is you then great you will be set. If not then it's a waste of money and some tuners won't support it due to not being locked to their tuning

Reactions: MaxDirt

MaxDirt

Aug 22, 2023
password
If you go down the autocal route make sure you have a tuner lined up that you can link it with. Otherwise just purchase it from the tuner. V2 and V3 are for the people doing the tuning. If that is you then great you will be set. If not then it's a waste of money and some tuners won't support it due to not being locked to their tuning
Yeah after your information and doing a lot of research it makes no sense for me to go with an autocal. Not sure how people could live with that lol. Flashscan is the way and currently looking for one. Thank you very much for all your insight!!

Reactions: 2004LB7

pl_silverado

Jan 29, 2012
Autocals are a waste of money. Find a flash scan and post your base tune. I'll send ya something.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Yeah after your information and doing a lot of research it makes no sense for me to go with an autocal. Not sure how people could live with that lol. Flashscan is the way and currently looking for one. Thank you very much for all your insight!!

Autocals are a waste of money. Find a flash scan and post your base tune. I'll send ya something.

No disrespect to either of you or your tuning skills but be careful downloading and installing tunes you get off the Internet or from people you barely know. What happens if the tune trashes your transmission or it cracks a piston? Who is responsible? What do you do when the smog police come knocking at the door of the guy posting up that he will provide tunes for people? Just saying....

Reactions: Dozerboy

pl_silverado

Jan 29, 2012
No disrespect to either of you or your tuning skills but be careful downloading and installing tunes you get off the Internet or from people you barely know. What happens if the tune trashes your transmission or it cracks a piston? Who is responsible? What do you do when the smog police come knocking at the door of the guy posting up that he will provide tunes for people? Just saying....

I have unlocked lbz tunes from a long long time ago in a galaxy far away from a well known tuner who had their own 3 letter acronym.

But basically what you just responded is what’s wrong with car culture these days. If we’re all a bunch of scared shits unwilling to help the noobs and keep it going how is it ever going to survive this era?

We should be spreading the necessary stuff like
wildfire as an FU for where we have ended up. Used to do stuff like this back in the day for fun not profit. Money ain’t worth shit these days anyway, might aswell go back to having fun.

Guess I’m getting old and cranky. Lol

Reactions: skipjackjohn