Jake's Diesel?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Anybody in Arizona heard of a place called Jake's Diesel? I'm not sure exactly what part of the state. I did a search on Google and facebook and didn't find anything.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I didn't see anything either for Arizona. One in MD though. There is some place called "Jake’s I Know A Guy" diesel shop

Where are you hearing this shop name from?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
na, still doesnt ring a bell. i have a few buddies that live there as well and they have not heard of it. whats goin on?
A customer of ours is out there with his 2019 L5P that has developed a miss. He took it to them, and supposedly after doing all the diagnostics and replacing the injector on the dead hole a couple of times to rule out a bad part out of the box, they're blaming the miss on the ECM. We shipped him one out yesterday, but we have never seen that happen on these trucks. Lots of bad injector connectors, bad injectors, and even lifter and pushrod problems, but we haven't seen an ECM cause a single cylinder misfire before. I guess we will find out how good their diagnostic ability is in a few days.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
A customer of ours is out there with his 2019 L5P that has developed a miss. He took it to them, and supposedly after doing all the diagnostics and replacing the injector on the dead hole a couple of times to rule out a bad part out of the box, they're blaming the miss on the ECM. We shipped him one out yesterday, but we have never seen that happen on these trucks. Lots of bad injector connectors, bad injectors, and even lifter and pushrod problems, but we haven't seen an ECM cause a single cylinder misfire before. I guess we will find out how good their diagnostic ability is in a few days.
If you want it out of there, i can get it down to Leroy's. Im just not sure on the current lead time they are at. they are about 45-60 min away from there.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Ever think the piston broke?
They claim to have done a compression test that showed good compression, and they say it doesn't miss if they run it on ether.
If you want it out of there, i can get it down to Leroy's. Im just not sure on the current lead time they are at. they are about 45-60 min away from there.
If the ECM doesn't fix it, I'll let the customer know where to take it. I was really just looking to see if anyone knew anything about the shop good, bad, or otherwise. Sounds like they're not real well known. At least they don't have a bad reputation.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
They claim to have done a compression test that showed good compression, and they say it doesn't miss if they run it on ether.

If the ECM doesn't fix it, I'll let the customer know where to take it. I was really just looking to see if anyone knew anything about the shop good, bad, or otherwise. Sounds like they're not real well known. At least they don't have a bad reputation.
10-4, call me if i can help, buddy 😁

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

Yet...

Doesn't miss if they run it on ether, what...😲

Reactions: Dozerboy

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I've used ether to diagnose problems before. It's not a problem as long as you aren't stupid with it. I wouldn't want to use it for a long time, but it has it's place.
Maybe I didn't convey it right. I'm not opposed to ether. It has its place and works just fine if you use it like said above. I was referring more along the lines of a diagnosis tool, with them stating it doesn't miss on ether. I wouldn't consider it a great indicator other then the engine spins over. The engine will run and sound just fine on ether with one or more low compression cylinders but smoke and miss on diesel

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Josh, Id ask for those compression test numbers, otherwise they're just blowing smoke up your ass.