Is there such a thing as a regen inhibit?

BabyD08

Jul 1, 2022
Update my Buddy was able to program my truck where when it starts a regen the DIC says "Regen in progress" and it displays the post DPF temp. While not perfect its enough that I know when its not safe to go in the field or any other flammable environment. Using my laser thermometer I have found that it takes 10 min for everything to cool down after the post DPF temp returns to normal. I didn't realize the post DPF temp reaches nearly 1500 degrees during a regen no wonder it caught everything on fire.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
that's awesome. do you have any details on what he did to get the message on the dash?

BabyD08

Jul 1, 2022
that's awesome. do you have any details on what he did to get the message on the dash?
Now that he has it figured out he said he would show anybody how to do it it's not that hard but if I try to tell you I will screw it up big time I'll try to get with him tonight and get him to send a PM explaining it. I know it took quite a while but once he figured it out he was able to change stuff in like 5 minutes I know he had his laptop plugged into the OBD2 port

Reactions: dndj

BabyD08

Jul 1, 2022
And thank you so much for the help and ideas it's like I do all the time just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. But you got to have at least two people to make it work well we'll build off each other's ideas and end up with a good solution in the end and that's exactly what we did.

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
I'll have all of this available soon through a new device. Any PIDS or literally ANYTHING in the ECU we can log if someone wants to see something that is not generally available. We could even display a PID for the duty cycle of the AC compressor if someone wanted for example. lol

Now, if you could only force a regen...

Reactions: 2004LB7

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
While showing Regen in the DIC is sweet, could you not just place a EGT probe at the end of the tailpipe tell you when to not pull in the field? I realize you would then have to watch temps to tell when Regen is happening but it would tell you when it is safe.

Mikey52

Sep 20, 2018
Either that or get an exhaust reroute that comes out and points up. But you would need to get dpf higher from ground.

kaylabryn

May 18, 2012
Mesa, AZ
So I know from personal experience the truck will not go into regen with the engine temp below 170??(Around here) Couldn't you just put a flip switch inline with the Temp sensor? This should not allow the truck to regen until you flip the switch back so the comp sees it above the threshold.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So I know from personal experience the truck will not go into regen with the engine temp below 170??(Around here) Couldn't you just put a flip switch inline with the Temp sensor? This should not allow the truck to regen until you flip the switch back so the comp sees it above the threshold.
thats going to fuck with a whoooooole lot of other systems. you will get codes as well.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Can't you just install a DPF delete? I have one and I believe the tuner disabled the regen function when they deleted the DPF.
and break numerous laws, never pass a smog check and have issues trying to get warranty work done or selling the vehicle can be a pain. sometimes the best solution is the one he did

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I run a clean tune with no smoke and do not live in an area that has smog checks. I guess I am lucky. It was common thing 10 years ago.
emissions equipment is a federal law so even though your city doesn't do smog checks does mean it legal. do what you want but don't come on here telling other to do that