Is a Transgo Jr. still a stock trans?

uwyo_dmax

Sep 17, 2008
Laramie WY
alright cool fair enough just wondering I just figured you put something non stock in there and drill our a hole (if im not mistaken) it wouldnt be. I just see it the same way as modding your CP3 or FPR its just making them how they should've been from the factory. Thanks for setting me straight :hug:

Last edited:

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Is a truck with a pine tree air freshener hanging from the rearview stock?

By my way of thinking when you work "around" major mechanical components, it's "stock." When you go "into" major components it's no longer stock. Since a junior on a 6 speed just means dropping the pan and not going into the tranny, I'd call that more "stock" than not.

I definitely see where you can argue removing the VB qualifies under the "into" classification. However having done both on my truck, the JR install is more like maintenance than a mod. The SC IV install is work.

edit: Damn, 4 posts while I typed this, I didn't think I was that slow....

Last edited:

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
alright cool fair enough just wondering I just figured you put something non stock in there and drill our a hole (if im not mistaken) it wouldnt be. I just see it the same way as modding your CP3 or FPR its just making them how they should've been from the factory. Thanks for setting me straight :hug:

At least you admit when your wrong, some people will keep arguing forever and will never admit anything. Cheers.

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
At least you admit when your wrong, some people will keep arguing forever and will never admit anything. Cheers.

Yeah, thank you for being open minded rather than pig headed about it! :hug:
You could be like me and argue with everyone just to feel 'right' ;)jk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I can see both sides of the argument. I think it's worth mentioning it if you are claiming to run XX in the 1/4 on a stock trans.

FIREFIGHTER 503

GEORGIA DIESEL
Dec 4, 2008
You can take that scenario as far as you want, to some people (and dealers:mad:) just changing tire size is no longer stock, I say it's stock till I change major stuff like tuning, clutches, pumps, pistons, injectors, etc