LB7: injector time

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
Im in need to replace my lb7 stock 130k miles injectors and was wondering if anyone has use the dtech reman. injectors. I am in a toss up between the dtech remans and bosch oem remans from lincoln diesel specaities. Dtech remans are $100 cheaper for a set of 8.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
dtech remans have the chrome control valve seat just like the bosch remans but also have a coated nozzle needle seat. Has anyone heard of coating the nozzle needle seat?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
dtech remans have the chrome control valve seat just like the bosch remans but also have a coated nozzle needle seat. Has anyone heard of coating the nozzle needle seat?

I have had no issues with the dtech remans I have sold. I sell them with a full install kit.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA

They should all have DLC(diamond like coating) nozzles now, that was one of the big changes bosch made in 04.5 and Nipen Denso followed shortly after, prevents scoring of the nozzle or seat and smoking or rough idle..... but maybe they didn't transfer their changes to the older injectors

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Im in need to replace my lb7 stock 130k miles injectors and was wondering if anyone has use the dtech reman. injectors. I am in a toss up between the dtech remans and bosch oem remans from lincoln diesel specaities. Dtech remans are $100 cheaper for a set of 8.

x2 for partszoneonline

I would stick with Bosch.

Are you sure they are done? Im getting wildly fluctuating balance rates on my first set, which makes it hard to tell if I need them. No other symptoms like smoke, fuel in oil, rough idle.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
They should all have DLC(diamond like coating) nozzles now, that was one of the big changes bosch made in 04.5 and Nipen Denso followed shortly after, prevents scoring of the nozzle or seat and smoking or rough idle..... but maybe they didn't transfer their changes to the older injectors

Thats what dtech told me that bosch made the DLC nozzles for the newer years but didnt make that change to the lb7 remans. Truck has the extended start issue now. Returning to much fuel back to tank and it also has a irregular idle.

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Thats what dtech told me that bosch made the DLC nozzles for the newer years but didnt make that change to the lb7 remans. Truck has the extended start issue now. Returning to much fuel back to tank and it also has a irregular idle.

so the Dtechs have the nozzle coating and bosch doesnt for remans?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
so the Dtechs have the nozzle coating and bosch doesnt for remans?

Chances are DTECH is reselling BOSCH nozzles as BOSCH does sell nozzles separate from the whole injector(although I believe it is the only part BOSCH sells separately unless you are a licensed BOSCH rebuilder).