Importing a vehicle from Canada to USA

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
If you have a vehicle that is non registered in Canada and will not pass the required ( Headlight,brake light ,Emmmison testing and so on and so on.How do you legally sell it to a American in the USA?

Do you make it street legal?

Can you sell the rolling chassis and send the motor / Trans seperatly?

Basically, if i want to sell Abby, how the hell do i do it legaly?:confused:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You could sell it as a race only vehicle. I know a guy who just did that with a truck he bought to do desert racing. It will never be able to be registered to drive on the street, but it is legally in the country. If someone wanted to be able to drive it, they could buy another truck and swap the vin.

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
you can only register for offroad use only.

What year is the vehicle? Alot of GM trucks have a compliance Label in the driver door.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
You could sell it as a race only vehicle. I know a guy who just did that with a truck he bought to do desert racing. It will never be able to be registered to drive on the street, but it is legally in the country. If someone wanted to be able to drive it, they could buy another truck and swap the vin.
Thanks Josh
you can only register for offroad use only.

itt

What year is the vehicle? Alot of GM trucks have a compliance Label in the driver door.
It's a 2001

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Does a race only vehicle have to pass emissions? With it being an 01 there weren't any emissions other than a smog test. Do they still do smog tests? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
No, only need emissions for registration

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That and we have our own ftarded version of Mrs Clinton and obama here now except these clowns are worse and are just spending money like crazy on everything but things that will generate jobs.