Impact Wrench........1000lb ft?

billyrb

Buying Used Diesel Motors
May 25, 2010
acworth, ga
yep, 14mm. Didn't have it in front of me when I was typing, but that's the one with the scuff marks from me trying to break them loose ;)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Impact wrench will wear out the inside of the bolt to were the socket will fit too lose. Be carefull. I do it all by hand.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Impact wrench will wear out the inside of the bolt to were the socket will fit too lose. Be carefull. I do it all by hand.

I agree with mike. I also sometimes worry about what a really strong impact will do to the crank? If the shock is bad for it???

billyrb

Buying Used Diesel Motors
May 25, 2010
acworth, ga
Guys, thanks for the advice. I picked up my 40" 3/4-drive breaker bar last night, along with a 1-1/4" x 12" pipe + couplers + reducers + 1" cheater bar (unfortunately no one locally had 1-1/4" pipe over 12" in stock, and that is the smallest size that will fit over the breaker bar). I set up one of the motors I'm parting out on the ground with a jack stand under the driver's side, and figured I'd give it a shot with just the breaker bar first....and add the cheater if necessary. I have to say, with a short tug, the 40" breaker bar pulled those bolts like they were barely there. I used the impact to get them out once loosened, so it all worked out.

Thanks again for the massive breaker bar suggestions, as it fit the bill!