I'm Really Curious as to What You Guys Think of This Video

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
It's not about being your childs best friend. They will have these all there life. As there parent, it's about keeping them safe (make sure they know and feel this) and being the most important teacher they will ever have. When my children asked me what it is that I want from them, my reply was simple. I said:

"When your an adult and move out to start you own family or what ever it is, I want you to know how to be a good citizen. To know the differences between right and wrong. To have the skills to be able to make it as well or better than I did. What you do with it is up to you and if you don't use it, I wont drop to my knees saying, WHERE DID I FAIL? I also hope were friend when you do, but if were not, I know I taught you what you needed to have a productive, and good life."

Some may not think this correct, but we can only do what WE think is best. Treat and teach them the same but different.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I think it was fake too. Either that, or HE is the one who messed up by raising a daughter that would do that in the first place.

"you are a product of your environment"

The following is what my response was on Diesel place

Shooting the laptop was stupid...I read that as more to get attention for himself than anything else, IMO. (especially since he put it up on youtube...come on, thats just asking for trouble from the wrong people)

Like, "wow look how badass I am, im not afraid of the typical/textbook bratty teenage daughter". If I were his daughter I wouldnt take that as "wow dads pissed, I feel badly", I would take that as "uhhh...that was actually really weird/scary/creepy...im going to run away now because maybe next time, crazy dad will put a bullet in ME!". Not to mention, none of the girls friends are going to want to hang out with her anymore (uh, your dad scares me, in a serious way, not in a lolz way), guys arent gonna wanna date her, etc. And then she runs away and becomes a stripper.

Shooting it with a gun just sends a weird message. Just taking it away or smashing it with a hammer or something would have served the exact same purpose. Something as dramatic as shooting something is what crazy ex-wives/ex-husbands do to eachothers shit. NOT a dad to his daughters shit.

Like I said, I was raised similar to everyone else here...there was none of this "time-out" bullshit when I was little...it was do the right thing or you'll get spanked on your butt. And there was no "5-chances to do things" when I was a little kid, it was "alright ben time to go to the grocery store" said nicely once, and then if I fussed, it was "GET IN THE GOD DAMN CAR NOW OR ILL LEAVE YOU HERE!!!". And I actually did get left at home once when I was probably 4...never fussed when it was time to go somewhere again. All my mom had to say was "ALRIGHT....DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL DAD ABOUT THIS WHEN HE GETS HOME FROM WORK??????"

Straightened me right up every time, because I knew there was "the paddle" on the top shelf in the pantry.

But what this dude did is not tough love...its just weird/creepy.

You guys think its all badass and "HELL YEAH THATS WHAT PARENTING SHOULD BE", but if you really think about it, put yourself in the girls shoes, or someone who knows that guy in person....I bet you'd think differently. There are lots of other harsh ways to handle this that will get the same message across. Every single one of my friends my age has the utmost respect for elders, and not one of them would ever act in a disrespectful/bratty way towards their parents. And I can tell you for a fact, NONE of their dads ever did anything totally irrational like pulling out a gun and shooting up their belongings.

I guess I probably have more of a problem with him putting up on youtube than anything else.

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The more I watch it, the more obviously fake it is. The laptop looks pretty old (ie, not worth much). And secondly, WTF "software that fixes a laptop" costs $130???? I like to think I know a little more about computers than the average bear, and I certainly cant think of why you have to spend any money on "software" to "fix" a laptop thats been crapped up by an non-tech-savvy user (IE, loaded with viruses, malware, adware, etc). Rather than make some stupid irrational crazy overly dramatic point by destroying the laptop, Id just take the laptop, tell her to go fly a kit, and make the laptop my own. You can never have too many computers.

Not to mention when he gets all chuck norris/john wayne and says "yeeuh, this raght here? This is mah 45!!!". Yeah no shit sherlock, I think your daugher already knows that its her laptop, and she knows what kinds of guns you have. Why does he have to explain it to the rest of us, other than for bragging rights about how badass he is/what kinda gun he has??? He "shot the laptop with a gun and destroyed it". WTF difference does it make whether he shot it with a pellet gun or a .50 cal or dropped it in a vat of nuclear waste???

And finally, WTF is he holding a cigarette for??? He doesnt even puff on it once.

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The more I watch it, the more obviously fake it is. The laptop looks pretty old (ie, not worth much). And secondly, WTF "software that fixes a laptop" costs $130???? I like to think I know a little more about computers than the average bear, and I certainly cant think of why you have to spend any money on "software" to "fix" a laptop thats been crapped up by an non-tech-savvy user (IE, loaded with viruses, malware, adware, etc). Rather than make some stupid irrational crazy overly dramatic point by destroying the laptop, Id just take the laptop, tell her to go fly a kit, and make the laptop my own. You can never have too many computers.

Not to mention when he gets all chuck norris/john wayne and says "yeeuh, this raght here? This is mah 45!!!". Yeah no shit sherlock, I think your daugher already knows that its her laptop, and she knows what kinds of guns you have. Why does he have to explain it to the rest of us, other than for bragging rights about how badass he is/what kinda gun he has??? He "shot the laptop with a gun and destroyed it". WTF difference does it make whether he shot it with a pellet gun or a .50 cal or dropped it in a vat of nuclear waste???
I agree I woulda kept it instead. But I'd guess thats an 07-08ish hp and we have 2 here that are still kicking fast as can be. Might not be "worth much" but I like it better than our new one. I'd say whatever software it is allowed him to spy/gain access to her account. Some type of hacking thing, though I'm not a computer guy.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
FWIW I have a different out look on this now after finding this complete video. The shortened version made it seem like they expected her to make EVERY BED, do ALL the laundry etc. This tells the full story and she really doesn't have it that hard atall.

[YOUTUBE]y4GE5ncARRE[/YOUTUBE]

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
FWIW I have a different out look on this now after finding this complete video. The shortened version made it seem like they expected her to make EVERY BED, do ALL the laundry etc. This tells the full story and she really doesn't have it that hard atall.

[YOUTUBE]y4GE5ncARRE[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhhhhhhhh now that makes much more sense! Yeah, I'm on his side for sure now. Thanks for finding the whole clip.

Nick

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Im pretty sure its no made up he keeps throwing it in about the 130 bucks getting paid back.I have seen boyfriends corupt girls to get their father to hit them so they can call child and family servcies so they could be together.I have seen a father that had a son that was rebelious take a swing at his dad with a baseball bat after stepping from around the bedroom door which the father clocked him and knocked him out. And dont think im hating on kids im just giving a couple examples and it could be the parents are to blame but is it they are to blame for letting this go on to long with out doing something? I think more parents need to stand up IMO

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Before this video I was already convinced to never let my kid(s) use facebook

I don't doubt the story. The shit kids do today makes all the dumb shit I did look like nothing

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
pure awesomeness!!!!!! Thats what my dad would have done to me it a had all that crap and was doing that stuff on the net...Oh yea then i would have got my ass beatin so bad i wouldn't be able to sit down for a couple hours.

dmaxdaddy

Powersport Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2010
WV
Really?

Trying to figure out who is more childish- the 15 year old girl on facebook or the 30 to 40 year old man responding like a 15 year old girl on facebook. It's called maturity. Parents should try to exhibit it, even when their children don't. That's why you are the parent. After watching that ridiculous display of behavior from him, I'm stunned that his daughter acts the way she does. Like someone else already said, good luck repairing that relationship!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
My Dad would have simply whooped me with a belt if I lipped off to him like that. My kids know not to lip off like that to Roni and I as they'll get something similar. Oh, they try to, but it just gets them in more hot water with us. Yeah, Im oldschool.
Kids nowadays have no idea what "Wait til your father gets home" really means.

Kids already have their friends. What they need is to learn structure, limits and discipline from their parents.