idler pulley part #

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Amazons dimensions aren't always accurate. I guess we'll see what comes. Let me know which works. I changed my whole assembly and it does in fact have a metal pulley
But no flanges.

Now within the last two days my belt jumped over a groove. And it's already bothering me. Must jump when it stops suddenly when the motor turns off. Never done it before though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Amazons dimensions aren't always accurate. I guess we'll see what comes. Let me know which works. I changed my whole assembly and it does in fact have a metal pulley
But no flanges.

Now within the last two days my belt jumped over a groove. And it's already bothering me. Must jump when it stops suddenly when the motor turns off. Never done it before though.

You are exactly right, the same thing happened to me. Just out of nowhere it started doing it. I replaced the pulley and drove 1100 miles without issue and a week later it jumped 1 groove and now it jumps every time I pit it back and check it after a drive. Obviously everything is tight and it tracks straight.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Was the Delco one really that big? Why didn't it fit?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I never ordered it, I wasn't gonna risk it with Amazon's ridiculous product dimension descriptions.
Just for future reference. It isn't that big but it doesn't fit on the tensioner by about half an inch. I still haven't sent it back so I'll measure it.

Wondering what you had to do to make the gates one fit?

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The Dayco 89051 was the correct size I had to ditch the factory retainer washer as it was cupped towards the inside. I used a big heavy duty flat washer that covered the surface area so that the bearing would be covered should it decode to come apart.

What I just said makes sense iny head, not sure it it sounds right on paper but it works and is safe.

Should have ordered an entire tensioner but they only had plastic pullies upon initial search so I gave up on that search.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
The Dayco 89051 was the correct size I had to ditch the factory retainer washer as it was cupped towards the inside. I used a big heavy duty flat washer that covered the surface area so that the bearing would be covered should it decode to come apart.

What I just said makes sense iny head, not sure it it sounds right on paper but it works and is safe.

Should have ordered an entire tensioner but they only had plastic pullies upon initial search so I gave up on that search.
Makes sense, thanks! I got the Delco one out of curiosity. I'm not a fan of the plastic pulley either.
should have ordered a dayco like I said earlier;)
P/n?

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
should have ordered a dayco like I said earlier;)
Yeah I know now. :D

Makes sense, thanks! I got the Delco one out of curiosity. I'm not a fan of the plastic pulley either.

P/n?

The Dayco 89051was the correct size I had to ditch the factory retainer washer as it was cupped towards the inside. I used a big heavy duty flat washer that covered the surface area so that the bearing would be covered should it decode to come apart.

:thumb:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I saw that. I though noreaster meant a whole tensioner assembly.

Thanks!

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Oh maybe he did, I just wasn't going to buy a tensioner with a plastic pulley even with the little effort it would have been to order

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I saw that. I though noreaster meant a whole tensioner assembly.

Thanks!

I did
89259 is the # for the dayco tensioner, I'll never run anything but one of those
4 years of running them on 2 trucks & never jumped a belt

Last edited: