idler pulley part #

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
anyone have any idea which is the correct serp belt tensioner pulley for an lb7. iv'e tried 2 different ACDelco pulleys that were the correct dimensions and are said to fit an lb7 but they do not have a lip on the ends of the pulley to help keep the belt in its grooves. they both let the belt ride up on the grooves and skips a groove and the belt rubs on the tensioner arm.

what im looking for is a stock replacement not aftermarket brand junk (yeah im picky :baby: ) i guess i could jsut go to the dealer if nobody has any idea, kinda need the truck so i cant keep ordering different ones :roflmao:

Attachments

• IMG_20150729_184337909.jpg
    IMG_20150729_184337909.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 26

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just FYI, the autozone tensioner I bought was the only one that kept a belt on my truck. A new factory one from the dealer would still let it jump and cut a rib. It had more spring pressure compared to the ac delco one I put on

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I'm trying to keep the original tensioner because its still super stiff just the pulley bearing went bad. It's not jumping grooves due to spring pressure its just wandering I guess due to the slightest aligent issue, the original pulley kept it straight I guess.

Still can't believe the trick made it 150k on all original accessory drive with only 2 belts in its life. I only repla ed the pulley because the bearings felt grindy and I was moving 1100 miles

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I know you want the oem Ac delco part but I believe I saw a dayco pulley with flanges like you want. You might just have to get the whole tensioner to get the pulley you want.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Sorry didn't realize it was plastic. I changed mine a few months ago. I'll look tomorrow which it is.

I'd get that pulley. Shouldn't be much size difference if any.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Sorry didn't realize it was plastic. I changed mine a few months ago. I'll look tomorrow which it is.

I'd get that pulley. Shouldn't be much size difference if any.

Besides the dealer its probably my best shot

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
There's two available and they both do. I have a metal one for sure. I don't remember if I swapped pulleys or not.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I threw the new ones on before I left for az so originals are long gone, learned my lesson though I'll never do that again hah.
I'm gonna try the one linked above from amazon. Wish I could just pick one off the shelf I've been working at amazon almost every day this week :roflmao:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Get a Dayco tensioner from Rockauto, I had the same experience that James mentioned with belts jumping with a delco

I bought all 3 that rock auto sells for an 02 and all 3 were the same with no lip on the end of the pulleys.

I ordered the one from amazon linked earlier it should work unless it's nothing like the picture.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
edit: after looking at the one linked above, its WAY too big, amazon says product dimensions are 5.2"x1.5" that's double the size of my pulley currently on the truck. mine measured 70mm which is 2.75 roughly.
ended up finding a 76mm (2.9") pulley that is just going to have to work as long as it fits nobody carried a 70mm pulley that has flanges on the sides i don't understand why this is so difficult.