Identify this...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I think that says, "Silencer", doesnt it? It seems to be a brand of vehicle immobilizer if it does.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Looks like one of the breathalyzer plugin attachment things. You'd have to blow in the deal before the vehicle would start, then blow again when the alarm sounded or the vehicle would shut off.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
maybe this will help, there is a on/off switch on the back...after i depressed it it would flash until i restarted the truck..then back on and it would stay lit after restart, its tied directly into the harness strait above where your right knee would be.

edit:those wires are tied into the big brown "body, 12 way" block..not 100% sure they are related, except there is nothing else aftermarket on the truck in the cab but the trailer brake controller..and its plugged into the usual spot

Last edited:

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
It looks like an alarm system that has been disabled. It should have a plug that goes into the front to allow the truck to start and run - much like a Ravelco Anti Theft Device.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
It looks like an alarm system that has been disabled. It should have a plug that goes into the front to allow the truck to start and run - much like a Ravelco Anti Theft Device.

ill chase the wires in the morning, ive never seen an alarm that has a female plug like this, also there is no valet, hood switch, or siren on the truck.

cant find any breathalyzer that looks like it online either..weird.....:confused:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
yes sir it does, sorry but i'm not to familiar with those systems, what goes in that port? and can it be removed without a "professional"?

I have absolutely no idea. :rofl: I just took the name and started searching for it to answer your "What is this?" question.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Yep, security system. Dealership I used to work at installed one in all there cars for sale. It took the vehicle key AND either a plug in key or a remote to start the vehicle. It was cheaper to deactivate them and leave them in the cars than it was for them to pay somebody to remove them. So if somebody specified they wanted it removed entirely so it couldn't fail and cause problems down the road, they would unscrew that plug in, and zip tie it up under the dash. And we had PLENTY come back in with problems. Or if people wanted them, they charged them $250 to leave them in the vehicle. I used to have one of the plugs for them so I could work on cars from the lot without having to get a salesman to unlock it for me.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Carefully remove that stupid thing. The dealer I used to work for used something similar, it was a plastic card you inserted into a hidden slot. They f ed up all the time leaving people stranded...

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Yep, security system. Dealership I used to work at installed one in all there cars for sale. It took the vehicle key AND either a plug in key or a remote to start the vehicle. It was cheaper to deactivate them and leave them in the cars than it was for them to pay somebody to remove them. So if somebody specified they wanted it removed entirely so it couldn't fail and cause problems down the road, they would unscrew that plug in, and zip tie it up under the dash. And we had PLENTY come back in with problems. Or if people wanted them, they charged them $250 to leave them in the vehicle. I used to have one of the plugs for them so I could work on cars from the lot without having to get a salesman to unlock it for me.

Carefully remove that stupid thing. The dealer I used to work for used something similar, it was a plastic card you inserted into a hidden slot. They f ed up all the time leaving people stranded...

Wish Id have known this before my sense of curiosity got me....it won't stop me from starting the truck, but ever since I hit the off/on button I have to get in the truck, hit lock, then unlock before it'll start

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The ones we installed were hooked up to the high beams, so you had to flash the lights for them to start. If you want to see somebody pissed off, see what happens when they request one removed, the dealer simply tucked it up so they couldn't see it, there battery went dead, replaced battery at a parts store, then have it towed into the shop because it wouldn't start, just beep the horn when you tried to start it. Seen this more than once with those things.