I needs help from my dd family

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’ve been looking for anything similar to your truck from Chicago to Kentucky. Aside from wheels and tires is there anything that was specific to your truck? Like painted valve covers, powder coated parts etc
I’m at a training event so there is down time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to overstep ya Corbin but I got a few things I remember since I drooled over it for a few months. Slight dent in the hood. Dent under the gas cap. Denali projector headlights. Top of the dash in the dip above the air bag is bubbled up and missing some of the coating. Dark tint all the way around.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Fing insurance is as much thieves as the guy that gave you the fake check. I have had insurance screw me before...they "always" look for an out and for the customer to fold. Get a lawyer!

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
If the law sees it as theft, I see no way the ins company can get out of paying??

Hate to see this happen to a good person :(

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Update:

Received a call from the detective from the pd where I met the buyer. He’s very enthusiastic about working on the case. So I’m meeting him Monday afternoon.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Man that sucks. I learned this the hard way also. A cashiers check is still a check no more no less. Takes time to clear the bank and to verify. Any sale now is wire transfer or cash. Sucks man hope the insurance gets you right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just left the pd. Detective told me to keep looking for it, parts or whole. I’d appreciate anyone checking their local Craigslist and Facebook market place.

If someone wants to post it online on fb that’s fine with me and would be appreciated

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just got word from insurance. They are denying my claim. So the fun begins

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Gah that pisses me off. If insurance wasn't required by law, I bet they would actually be useful, since no one would pay them for this s***.

As everyone said, get a lawyer. Hopefully you can force them to do what you pay them for... :mad:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
This is a civil matter. No insurance company is going to cover this. There is no fraud clause in any policy.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
This is a civil matter. No insurance company is going to cover this. There is no fraud clause in any policy.

I have to agree with mike. They just read me the policy over the phone and it clearly says that presumable sale is not covered.

Long story short I’m screwed again.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I have to agree with mike. They just read me the policy over the phone and it clearly says that presumable sale is not covered.

Long story short I’m screwed again.

Try your homeowners insurance. Sometimes they cover some crazy shit that you wouldn't expect. Sorry this happened. Good Luck.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Wouldn’t presumable sale still be considered theft under your local law?
Yes you knowingly handed them the keys but I guess I’m going by my grandma’s theory of “if you find a wallet and don’t give it back to the owner that’s theft of the wallet and stealing from their mouths” WWI daughter/WWII wife/Dust Bowl Survivor btw

You would think a police report of theft would suffice enough and that the details wouldn’t matter.