I NEED EVERYONE'S INPUT! Increasing stock on GM pins/connectors!!

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Can you get proper tools to depin/repin the connectors (eg. ECM plugs)? And/or crimping the pins correctly on the wires? I'd be interested in those.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Can you get proper tools to depin/repin the connectors (eg. ECM plugs)? And/or crimping the pins correctly on the wires? I'd be interested in those.

Yes, definitely I can get those. But keep in mind they are expensive tools. Many of them are 175-200$+...and thats per tool, just to do 1 style of pin.

With the dozens of different kinds of pins that I work with on a daily basis, the investment in crimping tools alone adds up very fast! :rolleyes: :mad:

I will add some of the tools to my website. If you think you are going to be planning on crimping lots of pins, they are a good investment.

Some of the crimpers can be slightly modified to do more than one style of pin, which saves a huge mount of money...I can offer that along with the crimpers.

Ive added the connectors you guys have asked for to my website, but please continue to give me suggestions for more. SEE LINK BELOW!

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45237

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Ben, do you have the pins for DSP5 switch that insert into the ECM. I broke one of these a while back and ended up buying a new switch, so I have a half-good switch lying around which is currently useless.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ben, do you have the pins for DSP5 switch that insert into the ECM. I broke one of these a while back and ended up buying a new switch, so I have a half-good switch lying around which is currently useless.

Yes I do. I stock the bare pins, and I also sell the pins pre-crimped onto a ~7' length of automotive-grade TXL wire, if you dont want to mess with crimping the pins yourself.

Pre-crimped pins: http://www.btdieselworks.com/collections/electronicstest/products/ecm-tcm-pins-with-wire

bare pins: (package of three) http://www.btdieselworks.com/collections/electronicstest/products/duramax-allison-ecm-tcm-pins

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Yes, definitely I can get those. But keep in mind they are expensive tools. Many of them are 175-200$+...and thats per tool, just to do 1 style of pin.

With the dozens of different kinds of pins that I work with on a daily basis, the investment in crimping tools alone adds up very fast! :rolleyes: :mad:

I will add some of the tools to my website. If you think you are going to be planning on crimping lots of pins, they are a good investment.

Some of the crimpers can be slightly modified to do more than one style of pin, which saves a huge mount of money...I can offer that along with the crimpers.

Both of those options would be awesome, let me know when you get a chance to put them up and I will take a look.