I must confess my sin.....

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Morning Gentlemen.

So obviously my LMM took a hike for a good price and I still keep in touch with the guy that bought it and he is gonna do the body work and shoot some fresh paint on it and for an old redneck I was surprised to hear him say he loved my Forces and rubber bands but it’s nice to know he is gonna take care of it. I actually passed up on a deal prior to him because that guy wanted to use it as a welding truck and I told him get bent because I still had a soft spot for the truck even though I made some great money off of it!

Moving on I was gonna buy Dominic’s build but the time constraint didn’t work out for me and honestly that truck isn’t the type you should rush and it looks AMAZING now!! So cudos to him and his help! UT is a good place to look for trucks on the West end once you get past the rusty frames (which isn’t hard to eradicate) you can find some pretty good deals. I searched long far and tall after exhausting UT, literally I was looking in TX, SC, FL, GA, NY etc..
I was raised on the notion of never finance anything that you can’t get out from under soooooo.........I got a mega cab.
WAIT!! Don’t shoot yet. It’s bone stock, no hood stacks, no stacked chips, no coal, no Cummins sticker, no spitty cups and most importantly stock exhaust. Matter of fact the exhaust has an additional resonator on it. I browsed around and learned what a good price is and what was “hype price” if you find an 06’ for anything under 30 you’re doing alright especially if you put something down.
So I found this white bone stock mega cab with 87k on the clock and walked away with it 28
27380a410ad4e3668783348f7a43c538.jpg
plus some change. It’s an SLT so nothing crazy but it’s clean af. His wife said she was happy to see it go because since he bought it new in 2006 it’s been the “don’t look at it, don’t touch it, don’t get near it” argument ever since....it clearly shows! The only add on was a lift, wheels and tires

That’s how it looked when I got it
a39f8bdaf1c9c1361f7bf9808b0360a4.jpg

Got some tint and stripped the badges next!
fd381cc72e385f9eaf07ad5d1d02ba0f.jpg

Then traded lifts for stock height.
2f27a5ad4cec55a24e49ebad704c4a9d.jpg

bf770f2bfd7cc4494abefb14ede59ea0.jpg

Then squeezed some cash and a brand new set of wheels and tires out of the old 35’s and 20’s
fcceea9d441a5c9fd2816d76dd9c2465.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Very clean truck man. This may be the duramax trucks forum, but I can appreciate a nice looking truck no matter what’s under the hood pulling it’s weight around. That said, congrats on the buy. It seems you are happy with it, and that’s the best thing. Enjoy it.

P.S. I always wanted an older Cummins. May still end up with one.

*thumbsup*

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Pretty happy with it, 3 kids in the back seat don’t mind it either!

It did look really good with the lift and all the badges stripped but a good financial move came about if I got rid of the lift and wheels/tires so I jumped on it. Traded this guy with a new Ram for his current wheels and tires and $800 cash.

I haven’t really decided what I will do with it other than paint, probably something mild and practical for now like a transgo and updated solenoid and transducer for the shifts. I don’t think I’ll touch the exhaust til I have the cash laying around to do it right with a muffler and 5” side dump.

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
thats a dang clean ride. I myself went through with the same sin. I bought a 24v for a farm truck, but ended up getting tired of the truck when driving it more often. I picked up an 06 cummins in similar shape. All stock,showroom condition,no rust. Im about to put axle ujoints in mine, but other than that, truck is solid as can be. Mine is up to 178k mileage now. Average around 20 ish with a clean smarty tune i built.

Congrats on the new truck.

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
The only thing wrong with it is a ball joint won’t align perfectly so it pulls slightly to the right post lift kit, it’s pretty common so I got an offset ball joint for like $70 and it’s pretty easy to change out with the right tools.