I know, I know just another Duramax swapped nova

3_8scbug

Jul 20, 2016
walking dead central north ky
I found this stuffed I a hold around the steering column

KIMG0258.jpg

Gotta do something with this cause don't wanna cut the oil pan and lose any more capacity than I have to.

KIMG0259.jpg

I know I'll just slice it and step it down then cut a pie piece out of it and pull the end back up to where it needs to be.

KIMG0261_1.jpg

3_8scbug

Jul 20, 2016
connecting the front crossmember that the control arms mount to.

KIMG0270.jpg

would like to know who this belongs to. I know no one has worked on the front suspension since at least 1993.

IMG_20160806_095736.jpg

just a bit of cleaning up the welds. yes I suck at welding.

KIMG0274.jpg

had to shorten the driver side mount to match the pass side or spend $90.00 on a new one.

before

KIMG0276.jpg

after

KIMG0277.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Never knew that med duty engine mount was that much different from the pickup one. You could've just asked if someone had a stock mount they could send you.

What are you doing for oil pan? Isnt med duty sump in center of pan or is this engine's in the rear like a pickup?

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Never knew that med duty engine mount was that much different from the pickup one. You could've just asked if someone had a stock mount they could send you.

What are you doing for oil pan? Isnt med duty sump in center of pan or is this engine's in the rear like a pickup?

Should be the same as the pickups. I've got an upper and lower oil pan from a kodiak, and looks like a pickups pan setup.

But this was also an lb7, so don't know if they made a couple changes later on..

3_8scbug

Jul 20, 2016
Oil pan is the same as the truck so it's rear sump. Didn't touch the oil pan. The steering on the Nova is at the rear but I'm putting rack up front. As far as the mount goes I just took measurements from the short one which is the same as the truck. Made it match.

3_8scbug

Jul 20, 2016
Sweet! What do you have in mind for the hood to clear everything?

Sent from my FlashScan V2

Gonna run without a hood till I get everything right and all the bugs worked out. Once it's right I'm gonna put a checkered racing front subframe which is wider and the engine crossmember is deeper than mine so it will sit the Duramax down far enough to get a stock flat hood on