How to lower front end?

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Any tutorials with pictures on how to lower the front? What to turn, how much, what wrench, is an allignment needed, how low to go, ect. I don't really know where to even look.
I would like to hit the track next month and just getting some info together.
I'm guessing all I'll need is a special wrench?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
All you need is a 18mm socket and a rachet. The torsion bars go back to a crossmember and the bolts are up in holes over near where the torsion bars go in looking from underneath. Just crank it until the tab on the torsion bar is resting on the part the bolt goes in and count the turns you loosened it so that you can get it pack to where it was. For just running at the track you won't need an alignment but if you leave it down you should align it with where you daily drive it.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
turtion bars.. the adjusting screw is in the cross memeber about 10" aft of the tranny x-member. unscrew the bolts all the way out. you will needf a 18mm socket to do it. you can count how many turns it take to get the truck all the way down then install useing the same counts got back in.

when you are setting your normal ride hieght back roll the truck forwarda btou 10-15' then back roughlyt eh sane distance. the will allow the tires to get in normal running spot..

reason the tire move in a arc as the suspension is cycled.

alignment is not nessicary to make a few passes down the strip..

REMEBR to reset the t/b or you will wear the inside of your tires bald over long disteances

floor jack to lift the truck up makes for turning the bolts alot easier

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Wow, sounds simple. So often I hear people talking about green wrenches or something like that. what are they referring to or is it something completely different?
How hard is the nut to loosen to lower and then tighten to raise it back up? Do I need an impact wrench or just some muscle?

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
you mean green torsion keys, those are to get a lil more lift out of the truck and is completly different.

i use an impact wrench but i go from all the way up to all the way down so i dont need to count turns, to get your truck back to were it is now you will need to count the turns taken out on each side.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Count the turns, and write it Down:)

Jack the front end up is BEST! Do one side at a Time,Just enough to get the wheel off the ground

Ive broke a bolt by not useing a Jack:eek: Also good thing to do is put some antisieze on the bolts after you put them down

And if you want to get real fancy..Take a grinder and put a mark one one corner of the bolt or use a bunch of washers and or a collar on your bolt so you know how high to go with out counting:)