How much horsepower with the Airdog 150 support?

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
I am currently running Kennedy's twin set up and drawing the pressure to zero. Looking to upgrade to the Airdog 150 without running the stock filter. Will the 150 support 800+ hp?

Thanks.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Yes the PPE is a 160, John I would think the 150 pump would be enough for 800. Ihave heard though that alot of doge guys are having to run a raptor pump with the air dog system to make it keep up:confused:

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
Just for reference, anyone know how many gph the twin Kennedy set up pushes? This will be my 4th lift pump configuration, and I want it to be the last!

I see Airdog makes a 250 gph unit, but price goes way up.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
John, Kyle Micheals used to run a 95gph FASS system on his grey truck when it was Had the huge twins....He said he always had plenty of fuel pressure so im sure 150gph will be more than enough.....

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Pureflow also makes the raptor pump if you were looking for just the pump. they have that in 100 and 150gph for under $400. the 100 will support up to 550hp the 150 will be good for anything above that. imo the superdog 250gph is really for the Dodge guys and Powerstroke guys.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Just go to the Wicked Diesel lift pump system with a high pressure, high volume lift pump and a boost indexed return style regulator. At $800 it doesn't seem like a terrible price for something that will not only supply your CP3 but also help it make more rail pressure.

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
Just go to the Wicked Diesel lift pump system with a high pressure, high volume lift pump and a boost indexed return style regulator. At $800 it doesn't seem like a terrible price for something that will not only supply your CP3 but also help it make more rail pressure.

Link? and/or more info.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Mark at Danville has been putting together something similar and has tested it on quite a few trucks from what I understand. Far as I know he only does it on in house stuff though because it is tricky to dial in.

LBZ CP3 with DIY mod in an LLY with stock injectors and a 64mm modded stock turbo. Makes 580hp and holds 25000 PSI of rail pressure with a ~3200 PW.

clayt171

He's watching you
Aug 21, 2008
I O Way
OK. So few questions on this then. Looking at the PPE lift pump. What all does it come with. If purchase does it have everything that I would need to get up and running? Or would I have to then buy line, couplings, relay, etc... Also is this a flow through design so if it was left or or lost power would the truck continue to run? And one more, is it a loud pump or pretty much quiet. I don't ever plan on being over 500 rwhp so I think it may be a bit much. Opinions?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Pureflow also makes the raptor pump if you were looking for just the pump. they have that in 100 and 150gph for under $400. the 100 will support up to 550hp the 150 will be good for anything above that. imo the superdog 250gph is really for the Dodge guys and Powerstroke guys.

:rolleyes: Um...the math does not work at all on your statement???:confused:

If 100GPH is only enough for 550, then basic math tells me that 150GPH is only good for 825.

Thats ASSuming that it takes the same amount of fuel to make the additional 275HP as it did to make the first 275HP.;)

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Just for reference, anyone know how many gph the twin Kennedy set up pushes? This will be my 4th lift pump configuration, and I want it to be the last!

I see Airdog makes a 250 gph unit, but price goes way up.

Unhook the outlet line from your pumps, route that into a gallon milk jug, turn on the pumps, then time how long it takes to fill the jug. Then just do the math, I would think this would get you close. Of course it will be at zero restriction so it wont be totally accurate. But it will be a good reference point none the less.