How long has it been since you've seen anything like this?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
In Kansas City its still $2.50 :(

I haven't seen it that cheap around KC. I've only been around the Kansas side for a number of weeks now. Cheapest I've seen it has been $2.65; I'll still take it at that price!!:thumb:

I don't go through enough diesel in a year to really make a difference so it could be $7/gallon and it wouldn't change the 1% of my income I spend on diesel, haha :roflmao:

Yellowchevy

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Still $2.95 - $3.00 up here, so thats why the truck continues to sleep. Its an absolute in-your-face ripoff by the oil companies and our government, and there's not one damn thing we peons can do about it. They've both got us by the shorthairs.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
2.87 in San Diego. I've heard prices are supposed to jump in CA due to a few oil company's shutting down. Not sure if there is any truth to that cause I just paid 58 bucks to fill my tank from just above empty. Crazy cause I'm 2013 I was paying like 4.30 a gallon

CheetahLBZ

Jul 6, 2015
7165d7b3c181b449b8476cf3c6b31f0d.jpg
961a1c47eba7767d45c28cafb038548f.jpg
In socal diesel is so much cheaper I have been driving my truck to work. Hope it stays this way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The price of fuel is directly related to the tax charged by each state. PA has the 2nd highest in the country at $.89/gallon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States

Its wiki, but its accurate.

If it is accurate, then someone is sure gouging the F out of Alaskans... I have never seen higher gas or fuel prices anywhere except Cali once in a while. Even Hawaii has had cheaper gas and fuel than us. So much for having a oil pipeline running through the middle of the state...

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Albert, are there no refineries in AK? If not, then its obvious why its so expensive there - has to be piped down the pipeline to somewhere to be refined then piped or hauled back over a long ass ways. Still sux its so expensive there though.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Albert, are there no refineries in AK? If not, then its obvious why its so expensive there - has to be piped down the pipeline to somewhere to be refined then piped or hauled back over a long ass ways. Still sux its so expensive there though.

Mitch we have 4 in Alaska... And I could buy the shipping cost horse sh*t except the last time I was in Hawaii, I paid 10 cents a gallon less than when I was home. What a friggin scam.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Mitch we have 4 in Alaska... And I could buy the shipping cost horse sh*t except the last time I was in Hawaii, I paid 10 cents a gallon less than when I was home. What a friggin scam.

The issue is not the number of refineries, but the quantity of fuel they can produce, most of which is Jet A50 for the DOD or the airlines.

The price of fuel is based on barging costs from Cherry Point Wa.

We produce crude oil on the North Slope, tanker it to Washington, have it turned into refined products, and barged back to Anchorage for distribution to the rail belt and points beyond.

The transport costs are what control the cost of the fuel up here, not the taxes.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
2.46 for me, gas is climbing pretty fast though..

Supposedly with sanctions lifting there may be a influx of oil on the market and fuel pricing will fall, but I won't hold my breath.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Utah is still about $2.67 for diesel and $2.85 for regular. We are always the last to drop prices and the first to raise them.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The issue is not the number of refineries, but the quantity of fuel they can produce, most of which is Jet A50 for the DOD or the airlines.

The price of fuel is based on barging costs from Cherry Point Wa.

We produce crude oil on the North Slope, tanker it to Washington, have it turned into refined products, and barged back to Anchorage for distribution to the rail belt and points beyond.

The transport costs are what control the cost of the fuel up here, not the taxes.

It's still f-ing horse sh*t... When there is a oil pipe line running through your back yard. It makes perfect sense to ship it all the way to Washington and then ship it back:thumb: