Sep 28, 2014
CT
Are you tuning it or someone else?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I'll probably do it if its not to complicated considering a LBZ fpr for my wife's truck due to lopey idle checked with tech 2 at work and she has a shark tooth pattern on the graph table found a good deal on one but if to complicated to scale I'll continue to save for lb7 fpr

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
It is quite easy. I can send you the scaling table to do it if you decide to go that route.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Heres what I found works in mine. I tried the method of plotting the 2 VS each other like described above, but found actual VS desired varied in quite a few places.

Attachments

• LBZ reg in LB7.jpg
    LBZ reg in LB7.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 190

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
wow my brain just started to hurt a little bit after trying to read that. ill have to look that one over a few times.

Lmao.... That's the unreal definite way.

Make it simple- add 13% to the whole curve and call it a day. If it surges at WOT on stroker setups, make the bottom cells linear down to

650 in desired flow vs current (mA)

If surges still, just pump the bottom 3 up 50mA until it straitens up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Alright im trying to decide should i just go lb7 reg or swap to lbz whats the benefit other than more fuel and retuning? could some one post a rescaled fpr up to help me make up my mind? thanks

May 1, 2017
USA
Alright im trying to decide should i just go lb7 reg or swap to lbz whats the benefit other than more fuel and retuning? could some one post a rescaled fpr up to help me make up my mind? thanks

I'm going to open up an Old Post, Because I have had the lope @ Idle and surge @ really low speed 1-3 mph for Sometime now & I've been asked multiple times if I've installed a Cam. LOL

So while camping in SW Florida this year for the Winter, I thought about swapping the LB7 FPR on my 03 and running the LBZ FRP while I was installing a OEM LBZ Air Intake & HSP 3.5" intake horn because I had easy access to it.

I held off on replacing the FPR because I didn't have access to EFI while being here in FL.

SO IS THERE ANY BENEFIT TO SWAPPING THEM?
OR WAS THIS PREFORMED AS A COST EFFECTIVE OPTION YEARS AGO?

Thanks,
Figured it
would be best to post here, seeing that the remap tables are already here for others to see if researching the FRP.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I think there is a small theoretical improvement in peak flow using a LBZ regulator. But IMO the main reason people switch is the newer regulator is often cheaper and readily available. If you aren't having problems with yours, I wouldn't bother replacing it.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Like dave said, the thought was more flow but I’ve yet to see it make much difference. All your doing is setting yourself up for more hassle with tuning. Get yourself a good stock reg (usually around 125-150 bucks), keep it simple.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Yep. The flow improvement was all in the tuning. And because the regulator needed tuning to run right it was easy to adjust it to get more flow. Same thing can be done to the LB7 in the tuning

May 1, 2017
USA
Well, I should have Singed back in a couple months ago and asked about this.
Had I realized that there wouldn't be any improvements with Installing the LBZ FPR, I could've installed a New BOSH LB7 FPR while I was installing the HSP Turbo Intake Horn.

May 1, 2017
USA
EXERGY PERFORMANCE E05 10105

VS

BOSCH 0928-400-535​

Is there any benefit to using the Exergy VS Bosch for my LB7 FPR ?