LML how does this price look

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
This morning I went to the local GM dealership looking to see what they could do on a new truck. We couldn't find anything in 500 miles with what I want so we looked at ordering it. The truck is as follows
2013 Gmc 2500 HD crew cab slt 4x4Diesel leather nav sunroof etc most everything but rear entertainment and the 20s.
Numbers wise*Retail price 62015
Rebates 7714.80
Selling price 54300.30
Ttl 57591.81

Now the bad thing if you will. The GM card rebate ends at the end of the month. That is a 2000 rebate. The way it was explained to me is that the rebates are only avalible when the truck gets a vin number which wouldn't be til after the the rebate ends. Not sure how those numbers look or what to do about the rebate.

Thought s comments suggestions.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
They are very nice trucks. I test drove the new Denali Dmax and man is that a sweet ride. However, I could never justify buying a new truck. If you care about finances at all it makes no sense. It is a terrible investment. As soon as you drive it off the lot you lose a ton of money. But, someone has to buy them new so that I can get a great deal on them used.

For $50K I would be driving a fully built LBZ and would enjoy that truck 100x more than I would a new, bone stock truck.

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
For $50K I would be driving a fully built LBZ and would enjoy that truck 100x more than I would a new, bone stock truck.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Actually for 50k. I could build the 79 k30 ccsb lbz I've been longing for and still have enough leftover to put my 12v into a medium size single axle 79 chevy c50 with a marmon Herrington front axle conversion. Ya know something to haul a little firewood out of the forest:joker:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Problems are beginning to arise with the LML, you just might kick yourself this time next year. Check out how many used ones are availiable vs used LBZ's and LMM's. There is something amiss...

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Our company purchased 6 2011 chevy 3500 duallys with heavy service beds on them. They get drove very hard,pull trailors,drive in dallas traffic,etc. 2 of them have over 80,000 miles on them,no issues yet on any of them. They are 2wd w/t packages ,we rent out large generators up to 2 meg,all the gen rental guys drive them. I test drove a new 2013 dually,drove sweet for a big heavy stock truck. I was thinking about buyingg one,and olf course keeping my lbz. Just wasn't ready for a payment so I passed. Good luck,and by the way I test drove a sle gmc crew cab 4wd dually,out the door was 53,900. Cloth seats,no navigation,but everything else.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I wonder of g.m. Is taking caare of the issues you are talking about under warranty? Prob not with a programmer,but stock?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Start reading problem threads. I am not saying they are all bad, there are just some head gasket issues starting to arise. I heard that it was due to improperly torqued head bolts...
If that is the case I'm sure the problem has ben solved and the new ones will be torqued properly. I would think the head bolts would be torqued just like the other models, have they changed that much?

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
He posted it on a facebook group called Michigan Coal Rollers..this is what he put..

Kicking around selling the Denali, any interest in it? 2011 with 3400 miles.
I do have a turbo for it, injectors, built trans and lift kit here, as well as Amp steps, Access cover and HS Black Maxx for it. Will sell stock or modified to spec.

We dont really have a use for it, its been off the road for a year, no body misses it. Time to move it.

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
So you guys don't think the numbers are to bad then? They have a 12 DenalI coming in tomorrow with 18k miles on it. They said that the owner trades in every 9 months or so and does a lot of driving for his work. Price wise was pretty much the same. Its white and I'm sure it has the 20's on it. I'm just not a fan of them.

My brain is kinda mush right now thinking about all this.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
If your looking for a hot rod then get something older if you want something forcing you to stay stockish go ahead. They are great trucks