How are the LML's holding up?

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
Oh ya. For sure it was the tech. She has just had bad luck with this truck and will likely be swapping brands after 12 years of Chevy loyalty. She pulls a big horse trailer around the western us and breaking down is not an option. Tow trucks won't go near a truck with a trailer full of horses.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
This isn't the first lml I've herd loosing the egr line and puking it's coolant out

The LML isn't the first diesel engine I have heard of puking all its coolant....

I have seen 2 bad trucks both broke at or near the 250k mile mark, which is still not acceptable IMO. Both trucks broke cranks, and I got worried but when you go to the big regional or national horse shows LML are a dominate force out there (around here in the Midwest) any modern diesel has just too much emissions. 6.7 cummins EGR issues even seen some turbo issues, 5.9 cummins have always been good to us if they weret leaking oil then something was wrong, 6.0,6.4 ford well everone knows about those turds, the new 6.7 ford seems to be doing okay, buddy at the local ford dealer says the biggest issue has been something with the cab breakage or coming lose not sure what.

If I was a rich man I would buy a few identacle LML trucks run some stock and some deleted and see how they hold up if there are any difference in dependability, and what they may be. But Im just a poor Kansas boy all we can do is gather data and share.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Not here to bash on the LML's there awesome trucks but just had a customer of mine lose a cp4. Truck is totally stock, no tuning 50k miles on it. Its a 13, the pump grenade and the whole fuel system was replaced. Bill came up to around 12 grand! Luckily it was still under warranty. Hope the new pumps are upgraded, this could get old very fast.

Just happened to a buddy's 2012...Started acting funny on the way to work, sat for 8 hours, had no rail pressure when he tried to fire it...Dealer is replacing pump, injectors and lines under warranty...30,000 miles, completely stock...

fc8464

Jun 26, 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
To each their own. I will keep my LBZ even though it left me stranded in the middle of a forein country ( Canada :rofl:) with a broke crank. I have seen 7 or 8 of the cp4 pumps grind down just this year. Although I believe its the thinner fuel we get here in Alaska and the proloned idle time of our fleet trucks. It does not seem to affect the cp3 in the LMM as much though. The LMM likes to eat push rods here. I have 2 hand fulls of bent ones in my box. Other than that the new trucks have tons of power and look really sharp. Fred

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I think its a fuel supply issue and water in fuel problem, add a lift pump with extra water seperation and I think the cp4.3 is good to go...

Dirtbag

Sep 4, 2013
My LML just broke the crank with 38K miles. Only mods are EFI tuning and egr deletes.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
haha yep, I just want to hear the description of how it felt/sounded.
Like, "sounds a little edgy, but theres plenty of power left"

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
It ran before it was tore apart, it DID NOT sound good at all!!!! Lol it had 60 overs, dual pumps, and a billet 475/stock compound kit. Customer does a lot of his own tuning and he said said he was pushing 75 psi, pretty extreme for a stock bottom end. It's going back together though with the same turbo and fuel setup so we'll be able to get it on the Dyno and see what it was making at the time of failure.

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
My LML just broke the crank with 38K miles. Only mods are EFI tuning and egr deletes.

Seems like that crank was built on a friday sort thing. Tons of dudes out there running maxx effort / race tunes and they're holding up quite well.

I've been running my Maxx Effort PPEI tune for about 10 months now.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
10,000 miles on my 14. I just drove 400 miles and filled back up. Coming across Wyoming empty doing 75 I got 18 mpg hand calculated. Its all stock.

Dirtbag

Sep 4, 2013
I finally got my truck back after getting a brand new motor installed. I opted to remove the CP4 and install at CP3 in its place since the CP4 is known to fail and wreck havoc on the fuel system.