Hook up Ipod to factory stereo?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I use the USA-Spec PA11GM and it works very well IMO.

Same here. It does not display the song titles or anything, but you can change songs etc with your steering wheel or head unit controls. One of the best $100 Ive spent.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Same here. It does not display the song titles or anything, but you can change songs etc with your steering wheel or head unit controls. One of the best $100 Ive spent.

Yes it does. Maybe you have an older version? Or you have it configured incorrectly

http://www.usaspec.com/userfiles/editor/file/581PA11GM.pdf

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/USASPEC_PA11_GM.html

displays title/artist on the nav screen. Lets you select playlists, charges ipod, has additional aux input (I use it for my DVD player), full control with steering wheel controls and nav unit/stock radio controls, lets you keep factory XM, etc...

ben

truckstuff55

Feb 24, 2010
The usa spec is the best choice there is.

Duratothemax your shows it because you have factory navigation and/or XM.

Look on USA Spec's website and look up the manual for the unit for your truck. Or just give them a call. MOst vehicle with either factory XM of nav. hhave the capability to show text.

Its a great unit one of the best upgrades for my truck IMO.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
So this will work with non bose factory systems?

Yes, as long as you dont have the "work truck" radio.

Basically, if you have an 03+ truck that has a CD player and a "BAND" button on the radio, it will work.

USA-Spec came out with a new one, the PA15-GM. It has even more cool features than the PA11-GM. It allows you to search for a specific song by title artist and genre ALL from the radio controls!!! The old PA11 didnt let you search for specific songs on the ipod via radio controls; you could only search for playlists.

Yes, they work with the iphone

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Bump:)
I went to USA-Spec and they recommend the PA15-GM for my truck. I have a factory Bose single disc headunit with no XM. I also have a SIR-GM1 that I bought used. Will all of this work together? Thanks.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
Bump:)
I went to USA-Spec and they recommend the PA15-GM for my truck. I have a factory Bose single disc headunit with no XM. I also have a SIR-GM1 that I bought used. Will all of this work together? Thanks.

it will attach to the USA Spec and be available at the XM2 position when pressing the "Band" button on the radio.

I just got the PA15-GM and it works great with all my iPods and iPhones. Pandora in my truck... don't need XM or Sirrius.