Hmm No Spark Plugs or Glow Plugs?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Got McRat a 2019 Photon Red Jaguar I-Pace.

Attachments

• ipace1.jpg
    ipace1.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 149

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Soon. Not a rocketship, but no dawg either. Mag tests have them at high 12's and 4.5s to 60 mph. Feels tight and well balanced, but it's 4800lb so not exactly a Corvette. Sort of feels like a CTS-V in the corners.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Congrats, I think?

So when are you two starting an electric car performance forum?

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
Got McRat a 2019 Photon Red Jaguar I-Pace.

congrats,,I have a ELR w/ the perf. package and wish it had the performance some of these new EV's have.will be looking at a Tesla M3 and hopefully track mode and suspension upgrades.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Congrats, I think?

So when are you two starting an electric car performance forum?

Thanks. It's a riot to drive even though it lacks a manual trans. Time marches on, even Ferrari abandoned stick shifts. We still have a manual trans Vette and will be teaching the kids how to drive a manual with it this month.

Note: I did not turn into a tree hugger. If Baby Seal seats were an option, I'd have ordered them. Might have even signed up for the "Seat Cover Experience" option where you get to club them yourself.

Why did my daily switch from a truck to a car? My customers. We no longer get enough requests to pick up heavy parts. We still have Wendy for those duties, but I think she only was used for 'work' less than a dozen times this year. We were very lucky that one of the first LBZs to run 12's never cracked a piston or broke a crank after several hundred 1/4 mile passes.

And I don't care about fuel costs. Toll roads around here can be $1.20 a mile.

No, I switched my daily driver about 6 years to EVs, first with 3 Volts, for more pragmatic reasons.

Wake up to a 'full tank' each morning, instant acceleration at all times, it makes a great urban people mover. We even autocrossed all three Volts against each other, the kids and I.

Things are going change more in the next 5 years than they have in the last 20 years. It's already starting.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
congrats,,I have a ELR w/ the perf. package and wish it had the performance some of these new EV's have.will be looking at a Tesla M3 and hopefully track mode and suspension upgrades.

I was actually looking for an 2016 Performance variant of the ELR as one of my options. They are rare birds.

The ELR remains one of the most stylish cars ever conceived by any company in history. I love the way they look. If people understood their own driving habits better, and understood what the ELR offered as a driving experience it would have been a success. Let's face it, a Camry is better equipped than a Tesla is, and I hate Camrys. An ELR put them to shame.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I can't even seem to locate the Dealer Programming tool yet.
Perhaps a set of track tires and rims.
Can't dance in Golf Shoes.

The i-Pace is an interesting concept. It has Land Rover suspension technology: Anti-Rollover, fords 20" of water, climbs 45° dirt roads, has ultra low speed cruise control, and has special 'low traction' logic, including an 'unstuck' mode for ice/snow/sand.

But, it also lowers itself at higher speeds, pulls .90 g on all-season tires, has track computer, and a Dynamic Mode to adjust the steering, suspension, and tip-in for track use.

Sort of a Swiss Army knife of electric cars. Nice interior, including HUD, Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, and Autosteering. But you can only take your hands off the wheel for 20 seconds at a time. Unlike the Tesla, it is not torque based steering validation, it 'sees' you and looks for your hands and head. If you fall asleep it supposedly tries to wake you up. Not going to test that.

And it was cheaper than the Tesla. :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I can't even seem to locate the Dealer Programming tool yet.
Perhaps a set of track tires and rims.
Can't dance in Golf Shoes.

The i-Pace is an interesting concept. It has Land Rover suspension technology: Anti-Rollover, fords 20" of water, climbs 45° dirt roads, has ultra low speed cruise control, and has special 'low traction' logic, including an 'unstuck' mode for ice/snow/sand.

But, it also lowers itself at higher speeds, pulls .90 g on all-season tires, has track computer, and a Dynamic Mode to adjust the steering, suspension, and tip-in for track use.

Sort of a Swiss Army knife of electric cars. Nice interior, including HUD, Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, and Autosteering. But you can only take your hands off the wheel for 20 seconds at a time. Unlike the Tesla, it is not torque based steering validation, it 'sees' you and looks for your hands and head. If you fall asleep it supposedly tries to wake you up. Not going to test that.

And it was cheaper than the Tesla. :D

yeah i saw the video on FB from Kat with the hands free deal. i laughed pretty good at that :roflmao:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
McRat just stopped by with the new Jag. What a car.:thumb::thumb::D
I think my wife needs one of these.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
I was actually looking for an 2016 Performance variant of the ELR as one of my options. They are rare birds.

The ELR remains one of the most stylish cars ever conceived by any company in history. I love the way they look. If people understood their own driving habits better, and understood what the ELR offered as a driving experience it would have been a success. Let's face it, a Camry is better equipped than a Tesla is, and I hate Camrys. An ELR put them to shame.

you are spot on,,I love the way the car looks from the back.Cadi should have incorporated the ELR styling in more of their cars.
Driving around Boston,,I get alot of stares(like wth kind of car is that) and alot of thumbs up.