Hey Pat! New vs. Old Co-Pilot Opinoins?

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Whats your thoughts on the transgo and the newer copilot Mike?

Pat can answer the copilot question better than I since we changed his over a while ago. I firmly believe in the transgo with special mods to go with the ATS setup.

Spin-off from my other thread, I thought this would get Pats attention and maybe help someone in the future instead of sifting through my other wandering thread.......

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Only diff is the old was T/H only lock-up and the new ver works in D and T/H. That's what Wade told me. Oh yeah it's a $300 upgrade fee.. I'll keep my old ver.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
$359 to upgrade plus $300 core on the old box. Supposedly all the wiring stays in, they are just sending a new box and a new pin that needs installed.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
It seems as if i take the "big tune" out and put a 90 horse tune in the shifts are still very crisp....then when i load the "big tune" back in it still clicks them off like i never took the tune out.....i dont know but i think that the newer co pilot doesnt learn as fast either

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
I cannot get the new copilot to stay on for longer than 5 seconds. And I usually have to push in on the white connector on back to get it to come on even. The box had a slight rattle to it when I got it, like the connector end on the box itself is loose. Is this normal?

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
I had problems with my old ver. I sent it back to Wade to have it upgraded also. It should be here Wednesday. I will then be able to have some input here.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
I called ATS today and talked to Brian. I told him the same story (it lights up for 5 seconds and then all the lights go out). He said that is normal. I told him my old one was lit up all the time when it was on. He said they changed it in the new ones, they light up when turned on then the lights go off, but I need to watch when I'm driving to see if the lights come back on or not. One more thing to check as soon as the snow melts! OH, and he said the rattle in the back is normal also. His does the same thing. Hope this helps anyone else......

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
I had problems with my old ver. I sent it back to Wade to have it upgraded also. It should be here Wednesday. I will then be able to have some input here.

Be careful using race mode! It may be nothing, but I still reccommend easing into it until you're sure its gonna work good.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
mine is about 9mths old so i assume it is the new version. when i originally had it on the light would light up and go off. i called and asked and ats confirmed that the light on the newer boxes only comes on when it is seeing a boost signal. the only issue i had with it was 3-4 shift with the t/c locked was a shaft breaking shift. wade said that it was a known problem and for a mere 300 plus shipping they would send me a new one with a long 3-4 shift time to allow more time for the 3rd gear clutches to come off. i opted for the 700 efi live and got power and a better shift.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
mine is about 9mths old so i assume it is the new version. when i originally had it on the light would light up and go off. i called and asked and ats confirmed that the light on the newer boxes only comes on when it is seeing a boost signal. the only issue i had with it was 3-4 shift with the t/c locked was a shaft breaking shift. wade said that it was a known problem and for a mere 300 plus shipping they would send me a new one with a long 3-4 shift time to allow more time for the 3rd gear clutches to come off. i opted for the 700 efi live and got power and a better shift.

Hmmm.... Did you install yours? What sensors does yours read off of? The $300 sounds like the price for an upgrade? I had to run a new harness that basically ditched the wire that goes behind the dash and now reads off of the TPS. Its also tapped into the MAP Sensor and VSS Sensor.

If its a known damn problem, why dont they warn people about it? It sure would have saved me a bunch of headaches! If I wasnt so tired of the run-a-round there I would call and let them have it. Right now as far as I'm concerned they......................nevermind. Just let it go.........