Hey all you trans experts

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Any suggestions on flexplates anyone? I was kinda eyeballing the BD.

SoCals billet flexplate/flywheel is what i use and highly recommend it.

Let me know if i can help with either, we stock both the BD flexplate and SoCals billet one.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Yeah I found your thread during my research. I hope it's just a flexplate. The metal on the trans filter magnet concerns me. I guess it's possible the previous owner never replaced it and it just built up over time......I hope.

Pull the internal filter and cut it open. they will tell you alot about what going on inside the trans.

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
SoCalDiesel flex plate is my choice.
The BD plate is only a flex plate. You may have damage to the flywheel as well. That costs 300.00 extra. The SoCal plate replaces both so it will be cheaper in the long run.
I was looking at the billet one piece flywheel/flexplate but read somewhere that they are too rigid and can put strain on other hard parts. But I have no personal experience that's why I'm asking you guys. I will have to see if there is any damage to the flywheel when I pull the trans.

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
SoCals billet flexplate/flywheel is what i use and highly recommend it.

Let me know if i can help with either, we stock both the BD flexplate and SoCals billet one.

Pull the internal filter and cut it open. they will tell you alot about what going on inside the trans.
Awesome! Thanks Dustin. I will be dropping the pan in the near future for sure.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Yeah I found your thread during my research. I hope it's just a flexplate. The metal on the trans filter magnet concerns me. I guess it's possible the previous owner never replaced it and it just built up over time......I hope.

The metal on your magnet tells me something blew up. Not normal.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think all people involved with this build need to be fired. No converter bolts installed?

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
I think all people involved with this build need to be fired. No converter bolts installed?
Please excuse that post of mine. I had a dumb moment and I guess I didn't delete the post in time. Lol The bolts were all there. I was only able to get 1/2 a turn on one bolt so they were not that loose. It didn't fix anything next step is pull the trans and take a look at the flexplate. If I'm still getting metal in the filter I will go ahead and pull the trans apart also. Maybe once I replace/fix every part on this truck it will be good to go. :(