HELP

Jwatsonlml

Jan 2, 2021
2013 lml just did a full rebuild with cp3 conversion and a fleece cheetah truck fires up sounds great then dies like it’s not getting anymore fuel after about 4 seconds no codes or anything at all no kinks in the cp3 rubber lines either completely lost at this point been without a truck for 3 almost 4 months now and i can’t seem to catch a break

Jwatsonlml

Jan 2, 2021
What's the desired and actual fuel pressure when this happens?
got it figured out ended up being a lot of air in the system and i mean a lot but does seem to sputter when getring into the throttle while cruising 50-70

Jwatsonlml

Jan 2, 2021
Also don’t know what could be causing this but i can’t give it more than maybe 40% throttle without it sounding like it’s cutting out and misfiring shaking the whole front of the truck and at low speeds can hear some injectors starving a little with some fuel knock then goes right away after your past around 1200rpm but at idle is fine sounds fun idles fine and revs just fine like nothing is wrong with it

Jwatsonlml

Jan 2, 2021
Do you have a lift pump, are you sure you’re not sucking air into the fuel system somewhere?
It is re tuned for the cp3 and turbo but i do have a broken injector return fitting on the return line if that would cause any problems which i think it would i’m just waiting on the whole new line to come in

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm pretty sure the lml injectors require some back pressure on the return fuel to operate correctly

Jwatsonlml

Jan 2, 2021
I'm pretty sure the lml injectors require some back pressure on the return fuel to operate correctly
okay i’ll see if it changes once the new line set comes in and update the thread i have a piece of vacuum hose and t fitting in case it decides to completely break to get it by

Jwatsonlml

Jan 2, 2021
update- new return set fixed the problem thanks for your help guys have a few other kinks to work out if this thing