LB7: ***help***

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
ahhh I asked about the filter head first thing tho! :p:

but seeing as it got hard I ASSumed that meant it was good, I feel like an idiot now...thinking Id be able to get it running.

thats still odd the cp3 was returning that much fuel though; ones ive worked on it doesnt start really returning any fuel until the engine is running/at idle speed???

Last edited:

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
this is pete, still seems to be some kind of leak. only getting 700 or so psi cranking now. was 500. by passed everything and funneled fuel right to the pump and it ran and met desired pressure, might be a bad filter head or possible fuel supply line by the fire wall. checking the supply line now

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
although you guys tried pressurizing the fuel filler with air right? And it didnt work? Hmmm.

Unfortunately I dont have an extra filter base, otherwise Id send it your guys' way to try out. Are the quick connects sealing properly?

chris- sorry my phone is still acting weird, Ill give you a call as soon as my phone stops being annoying.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
had it running with gravity feed at pump for a few min. now not even that way, Baro sensor says 40,000ft when actually 650ft. Maybe too lean?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i have a secondary fuel filter head and filter and some hose....my suggestion is if you have a lift pump, cut out the stock filter head and plumb in the aftermarket one. i have my stock one bypassed since i have a Nicktane after my lift pumps :thumb:

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
i have a secondary fuel filter head and filter and some hose....my suggestion is if you have a lift pump, cut out the stock filter head and plumb in the aftermarket one. i have my stock one bypassed since i have a Nicktane after my lift pumps :thumb:

NO PUMP, too po. went for broke on what I did so far. Couldn't afford a free lunch.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
had it running with gravity feed at pump for a few min. now not even that way, Baro sensor says 40,000ft when actually 650ft. Maybe too lean?

Are you sure it is scanning/logging it correctly? :confused:

The barometric pressure sensor doesnt read in feet, it reads in kpa...and the entire range that the sensor can read is between 65-104kpa (9psi - 15psi), which translates roughly from sea level to ~15,000 feet.

the baro sensor readings affect timing and boost control, but do not affect fuel.

ben

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
hmm, well maybe aaron has the stock housing still, i left a message on his cell. hopefully he could understand it, i was using Skype and it's a crappy connection speed right now.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
well after alot of jerking..... fuel is holding from filter. replaced baro and still says 3.0 HG,even when unplugged. removed plug off fuel sensor and now says max press, and still no pulse. disconected ficm and ecm and checked continuity,all good. Now, when I first tried to start way back. The heavy battery grounds, I forgot to attach. and starter grounded through lighter wires through harness. even though motor didnt crank and only starter spun because of soliniod. Is this enough to puke ecm?

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
Well,we got it running and it seems like it was a stupid oversight. It looks like it was a line leaking to an injector on pass bank. Pulled and soaked in ATF for a week, all crud desolved. removed the 3+ gals of fuel/oil mix. and it started right up. Now the fun of putting it all back together.