Help with the truck that no one can tune

mplv

Nov 20, 2009
Why even try???? It's quite apperent why you are hear... All somebody has to do is search your posts......;)

You must be blind or just REALLY slow... I am looking at his page right now and it the second picture down on his wall.....:eek::thumb:

:edit: On second thought maybe you're not his Friend and can see it..... either way give him a call and ask him how the install is going..... Oh ya and post back what he says about the call...

You cant even keep your lie straight. When your reference refuted your claim of a good running truck you called me out on it and then changed up your story to "he didnt do everything you told him to do". Mind you, that was after you'd repeatedly told me you had spoken with him and the truck ran great.

So are you back to the truck running great or him not doing everything right? Afterall, he still has the other truck sitting there untunable and is about to pull the vvt charger off of that one as well.

If you are still tangled up in your lie, its the one your box fixed but didnt fix but now apparently fixed again, keep an eye on the classifieds for a no miles vvt charger in about a week.

mplv

Nov 20, 2009
And backing up a bit, you told me, over the course of several conversations, your crap was plug and play and the other truck was running perfectly. Then after I called who you directed me to call and they said it wasnt worth a damn I called you back to hear a whole new story about him not doing this or that right.

Ill buy your box Dan, IF it works plug and play like you assured me for an hour on the phone it would ill buy another one and dontate it to the site to raffle off and WHEN it doesn't work plug and play ill have AMEX refund me my money and ill post a video of the laggy dead pedal beast runinng that piece of shit over and smashing it into 1000 pieces.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
LOL... Too funny!!!

What I told you was he tried our tunning and it fixed the "engine power reduced" issue and it did (call him if you would like). Now if the tuning was not optimised for the truck or setup that is not my problem. That is why custom tuning is need in some cases.

You said you called him and he said it fixed the code (it did) but ran soft on the bottom. I then called him and asked him if he loaded our tuner first and a custom tune on top of that and he said he did not.... That is what i asked him to do...

you need to pull your head out of your ass or just put it up there further so we dont have to hear from you anymore....:D

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
And backing up a bit, you told me, over the course of several conversations, your crap was plug and play and the other truck was running perfectly. Then after I called who you directed me to call and they said it wasnt worth a damn I called you back to hear a whole new story about him not doing this or that right.

Ill buy your box Dan, IF it works plug and play like you assured me for an hour on the phone it would ill buy another one and dontate it to the site to raffle off and WHEN it doesn't work plug and play ill have AMEX refund me my money and ill post a video of the laggy dead pedal beast runinng that piece of shit over and smashing it into 1000 pieces.

I am not interested in working with you anymore.... you have shown me/us your TRUE colors... I just wish I picked up on them before I offered you my time/help (I'm sure other feel the same way)....:(

mplv

Nov 20, 2009
I am not interested in working with you anymore.... you have shown me/us your TRUE colors... I just wish I picked up on them before I offered you my time/help (I'm sure other feel the same way)....:(

Yes you "offered" quite a bit...Mountains of promises with an unreturnable box that in actuality would not do anything.

Until you want to put your money where your mouth is why dont you shut it?

badarsenal

Oct 18, 2008
Yes you "offered" quite a bit...Mountains of promises with an unreturnable box that in actuality would not do anything.

Complete dumbs***

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I don't see this guy doing anything wrong. Hes just wanting to get a fix for his truck, which would probably help out alot of other people aswell. Good luck

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.

This thread is not about MY money... Apparently it is about yours, as you seem to throw it in everyone face (including mine)...

The question is... How much would you be worth if all your money was lost??? My guess... Not much, I bet I would get change back....;)

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I don't see this guy doing anything wrong. Hes just wanting to get a fix for his truck, which would probably help out alot of other people aswell. Good luck

I agree there is nothing wrong with him asking for help.

What I do have an issue with is the way he has gone about it... bad mouthing a lot of good people, Not caring about the rest of us (Dmax community) and only about himself, Throwing his money around and Wasting peoples time that are only trying to help (further bad mouthing them, Not referring to myself)

I feel very sorry for the guys that are stuck with this truck and tuning. I have a feeling this will not turn out positive for them not matter how hard they try and could up costing them more then their time (really hope this is not the case).

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
^^^Anthony..no need to bother with his stock tune... The OS in his truck has already deemed incompatible obviously with yours. I'm using the same OS in yours as running in his...I'm going to rewrite using yours. Really wish we could data log the grams/sec at idle :-(... Well get her!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm sure I'm not sharing anything new, but I have seen the MAF sensor cause a reduced engine power a bunch of times. That and low rail pressure (I'm guessing that isn't the problem here though). I can't imagine a boost problem causing reduced engine power at idle (or just key on).

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
^^^Anthony..no need to bother with his stock tune... The OS in his truck has already deemed incompatible obviously with yours. I'm using the same OS in yours as running in his...I'm going to rewrite using yours. Really wish we could data log the grams/sec at idle :-(... Well get her!

I was going to see if it was different than the 8594 the dealer put in.

I'm sure I'm not sharing anything new, but I have seen the MAF sensor cause a reduced engine power a bunch of times. That and low rail pressure (I'm guessing that isn't the problem here though). I can't imagine a boost problem causing reduced engine power at idle (or just key on).

You think the maf could be bad? It doesn't go into reduced engine power on my old O.S