LMM: Help with built lmm 1100 hp with squealing belt

DirtyMax1100

Jan 2, 2018
I’ve got a built lmm from the crank up ! Crank , Corillo rods , Molly Motorsport pistons , alternate firing cam , heads worked and ported , head studs , SDP twin turbo kit 68 mm / 80 mm borg Warner’s , PPE dual CP3 , PPE Trans cooler , PPE Tranny kit with Precision Industries triple disc torque converter and this thing is a beast . BUT I’ve been through several belt and after about 500 miles they start squealing . They belts due to the dual cp3 are longer (K061490) (I’ve been told to find a green belt . Any help , suggestions or ideas would be great !!!!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Have you tried belt dressing?

Well it was not a built engine, I did run dual cp3s on my LB7 for several years without any belt issues. If I recall correctly, it was just barely able to fit. Went on tight with the tensioner almost maxed out so maybe that helped

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
First check your belt for unusual wear
Make sure there’s no fluid leaking onto it from somewhere
Check the tensioner and idler pulleys
Make sure the noise isn’t from something like the alternator or ac compressor
Then once you have narrowed down that it is indeed the belt go to napa and get a Gatotback or ask in the vendor section
In one google search I found the “green” ppe belt your looking for 53$

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Have you tried belt dressing?

Well it was not a built engine, I did run dual cp3s on my LB7 for several years without any belt issues. If I recall correctly, it was just barely able to fit. Went on tight with the tensioner almost maxed out so maybe that helped

Don't use the spray style dressing..

If you have start the truck and brake clean it off the belt, then apply die electric silicone about the size of a nickel on the inside and outside of the belt in a couple spots.

This given everything else is good

DirtyMax1100

Jan 2, 2018
I have and will check the realignment but all seems to be ligned up ! Man these 100 over injectors sure like the fuel that’s for sure ! I’ll keep you guys posted green built should be here tomorrow . Hope it helps these little chirping birds ounder my hood are annoying !

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have and will check the realignment but all seems to be ligned up ! Man these 100 over injectors sure like the fuel that’s for sure ! I’ll keep you guys posted green built should be here tomorrow . Hope it helps these little chirping birds ounder my hood are annoying !

you're going to need a straight edge on the CP3 pulley and see how it lines up against the a/c compressor and power steering pump. ive had PPE dual fuelers that lined up perfect and others that took quite a bit of shimming to get right

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
The easiest solution is to throw that dual junk away and put a big single pump on it lol i can assure you, no diag needed, no measuring, and the squeek will be gone lol

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Logan has a point :D but James hit the nail on the head, after you get it aligned I’ve always used the heavy duty dayco no slack tensionor to replace the factory one and that always seemed to help things as well.

Kunz111

Jan 16, 2016
OK what do you do if your truck still squeaks even with a green belt?! It’s annoying as hell and I hate it.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Switch to a single 14mm stroker pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Check alignment and tension. People have run dual CP3 kits without squeaking, so it can be done.

The misalignment might not be your 2nd CP3 either. When I built my motor I somehow got the power steering pulley out of alignment, and had to press it back to the correct spot. And if you changed alternators that could be off too. Mine is a high amp rebuild and it is visibly tweaked to one side. Periodically causes the belt to jump a tooth, but I just put it back when that happens lol. For some reason, only the power steering pulley alignment caused squeaks, the alternator doesn't. But it might for you, so check ALL the accessories for alignment.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk