LBZ: Help hogdog is sick

hogdoghd

Adrenalin Junkie
Jun 24, 2008
Oxford, Ohio
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that hogdog is all betternot to bad of a job my buddy let me use his lift and tranny jack!:hug: thank God for good friends! the worst part of pulling an allison is them damn fly wheel bolts that is the biggest pita I have ever seen! :( It took a 14mm allen head socket, a 1000ft/lb 3/4 inch impact and lots of heat:confused: to get them to breake loose! WTF. Other than that pretty basic job:D

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that hogdog is all betternot to bad of a job my buddy let me use his lift and tranny jack!:hug: thank God for good friends! the worst part of pulling an allison is them damn fly wheel bolts that is the biggest pita I have ever seen! :( It took a 14mm allen head socket, a 1000ft/lb 3/4 inch impact and lots of heat:confused: to get them to breake loose! WTF. Other than that pretty basic job:D

I hope you replaced those 14mm bolts.also here's the TQ specs for those.

Flywheel Bolt - Angular Tightening Method
1st Step 58 lb ft
2nd Step 60 degrees
3rd Step 60 degrees

hogdoghd

Adrenalin Junkie
Jun 24, 2008
Oxford, Ohio
Uh, no I just torqued them down untill they stripped and then backed them off a quarter turn!:rofl: Oh yeah I also used lots of locktite

hogdoghd

Adrenalin Junkie
Jun 24, 2008
Oxford, Ohio
The heat was directly on the bolt they are socket head (allen) bolts and I placed the heat directly inside the hole and heated slowly and cooled slowly. so it should be allright.